[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - mikuni carb conversion problem
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: mikuni carb conversion problem
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:18 pm 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

'04 R1150RT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:30 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:49 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I found another old text I once put together. Just posted it in the 750 technical FAQ section

G.

Post subject: mikunis
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:17 pm 

I didn't connect the return line. Which spigot on the right side of the tank does the line need to be attached to; the forwrd or aft one? Thanks!

'04 R1150RT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:17 am 

Be sure your fuel lines are correctly connected to the carbs themselves. I had the order reversed and almost went crazy trying to figure out why gas was pouring out of the **** things!

'12 Moto Guzzi V7Racer
'04 Vstar 1100
'88 Paso 750 (blue)
'74 BWW R90/6
'71 BSA
'62 Triumph T100C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:14 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

copied from a recent post in the mailing list:

"On my 906, the rear pipe is indeed for the fuel return, the front pipe is the breather."

G.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:40 pm 

I now have everything hooked up according to the site and still have the same problem. I even installed the pressure regulator in where the Y splits off and goes to the carb inlet. Could the floats be bad? They aren't full of fuel so I don't think they leak. The carbs came from a '95 900ss. I can hear the fuel being pumped into the tank so it definitle is bypassing some fuel? What could I be missing here?

'04 R1150RT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:37 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993
Take the float bowls off and check the housing where the overflow drain screw fits
If you or a previous owner is particularly ham fisted these can crack quite easily which gives exactly that effect.
(I speak from experience :oops: )

Have you checked that your floats do actually still float ?
You can do that quite easily when you have the float chamber off

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:56 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

you connected the fuel line from the pump to the upper front connetor of the carb right, not the bottom one.
If that`s all correct I`m also afraid it could be the the drain screw. I also had that once.

G.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:15 pm 

'04 R1150RT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:57 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:42 am 
this may be a supid suggestion but have ypu measurd the float hight?
I have had similar problems on many japanese carbs and alot of times float hight adjustment has saved the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:55 pm 

I would like to measure the float height, but as yet nobody on this forum has come up with exactly how float height is measured and what the exact specs are. Until then I guess I'll keep fumbling around in the dark until the day a say forget it and slap the old webers back on. It sure would be nice to ride it this year...

'04 R1150RT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:23 pm 
I have used the straight side of a digital caliper to measure the float hight on my cb 750. you can get a honda float gauge from various websites, and it will work just as well as any other. I dont know the correct float hight for the mikunis, but I can find out for you. you have to turn the carb sideways so the float is hanging straight down, and the bottom edge of the float must be perfectly straight with the the surface that the bowl touches. then measure the hight between the surface that the bowl touches and the bottom of the floats. now you know your float hight. once you know the correct hight (which I will try and find the correct hight), you can adjust float hight by gently bending the tab which the floats connect to, either up or down to compensate the diference.
Now with that said I have never been inside my mikuni 38mms
but my good friend, the previous owner, has. I will ask him the correct float hight, and if there are any special tricks for those carbs. I hope this helps.

good luck!..........pikey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:21 am 

year: 1990