[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - `988 PASO 750 LIMITED PRODUCTION NUMBERS
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: `988 PASO 750 LIMITED PRODUCTION NUMBERS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:24 am 
I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED A 1988 PASO 750 LIMITED AND AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM IS TELLING ME THE TRUTH.DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY OF THE WHITE LIMITED WERE MADE?ARE THE ENGINE MODS TRUE?IM GETTING READY TO DO A MINI RESTORE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS WAS A RARE MODEL.THE SELLER TOLD ME THERE WERE ONLY 10 MADE.

Post subject: Re: `988 PASO 750 LIMITED PRODUCTION NUMBERS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:43 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Welcome in the forum,
I can't tell you the truth, because the Paso Limited were only sold in the USA.
It seems they built only few bikes, no matter, more than 10.
However, there are many topics about, try to search on the forum.
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:00 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988
which seems to indicate that 50 white units (model year = 1987) were imported to the States; presumably that's refering to the Limiteds, and a total of 100 made. As I recall, there was nothing besides the paint scheme to differentiate a Limited from another bike, unless it was classified as "uprated" - the definition of which I'm unclear on. This info was quoted directly from the pages Ian Falloon's "Standard Catalog of Ducati Motorcycles" (ISBN 087349-714-7).

1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:08 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
according to Fallon there were 100 "Power" Pasos. There`s no info about these. No frame numbers or colours.
I guess these had the uprating kit with the bigger header and mufflers, plus lightweight flywheel and modified inlet manifolds (as reported by someone longer time ago).

G.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:41 pm 
THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONCES.I WAS TOLD THAT THERE WERE 100 WHITE UNIT PRODUCED AND 10 OF THEM WERE LIMITED.I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT THE LIMITED HAD RED SEAT AND WHEELS,FLAT TOP PISTONS,40MM HEADER,UP-GRADED WEBBER CARB.I WAS ALSO TOLD THE LIMITED PASO WENT TO THE FACTORY RACERS AS PERSONAL BIKES AND A FEW TO OTHER VIP DUACTI PEOPLE.DONT KNOW IF THERE IS ANT TRUTH TO THE MATTER.IM JUST TRYING TO FIGUE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH IT.MY PLAN WAS JUST TO RIDE THE HELL OUT OF IT.ITS GOT EXTREAMLY LOW MILES AND DIDNT KNOW IF IT WAS BETTER SUITED FOR A COLLECTOR.ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE HELPFUL...............

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:49 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

"Collector's" bikes always make me a little sad, in my opinion. The only thing they seem to collect is dust. I prefer my bikes collect miles, personally. Not dishing the 'collector' mentality, because I can certainly understand the risk in taking an endangered specimen out onto the roads today ... but at the same time, they were meant to be ridden. If I ever have a "collector's" item in my garage, my plan is hire a photog to take some beautiful pictures, frame them for around the house ... and then put my leathers on and start turning over the odometer ... :)

At least, until my bikes can live in the house or I can't ride anymore ...

1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:35 am 
VERY WELL PUT AND I AGREE THAT ANY BIKE SHOULD BE RIDDEN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. IF ITS RARE OR JUST A NORMAL BIKE,THAT SHOULD NOT MATTER.IM A BLUE COLLAR KIND OF GUY AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY VEHICAL THAT WAS KINDA RARE AND THINK I WILL TREAT THIS PASO WITH THE RESPECT IT SHOULD GET.BY THAT I MEAN RIDE THE BIKE AS MUCH AS I CAN AND ENJOY IT FOR WHAT ITS WORTH.ROAD TIME IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF A BIKES LIFE AND IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO LET THIS GREAT BIKE SIT AND STARE AT THE GARAGE DOOR.THIS IS MY FIRST DUCATI AND ALL I CAN SAY IS IM HAVING A GREAT TIME WITH IT AND REALLY ENJOY THE BIKE................

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:07 am 
I recently bought an 88 limited, so that accounts for 2 of them, there are quite a few in the photo section on this site , I'll bet that adds up to more than ten. they've been seen to much for there to be just 10 but limited still seems to be an accurate name for the bike. I read up on all the posts about the bike and theres a lot of info out there that doesnt quite agree. It sounds pretty certain that no accurate records were kept on numbers. I can verify the ported heads and big exhaust, mine no longer has the webber so dont know about that. I havent seen any posts where someone has actually tore one down to check internal parts. at any rate mine is only going to get bolt on mods and I'm going to save all the other parts. by the way I have the big exhaust but the big hole mufflers got thrown away by the previous owner (he didnt know what they were) does yours have the big mufflers and if so do you wanna sell them (wink, wink) I finally got mine back together today after the obligatory go thru everything before riding the old bike thing. Its wonderful, I cant say enough about the bike, I sold my 84 900 ninja to get the ducati and I have a very big smile on my face. I hope you enjoy your too John

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:34 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Go read this thread....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1875

1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:23 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:38 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

that`s about what Ian Fallon says in the 2 valve restoration guide.
He says there were color variations blue and white of the standard Paso which were later named Limited and sold at a premium price in th US.
This would explain why there are blue or white Pasos w/o Limited stickers and some with the sticker on top of the clear coat. Later ones probably had the sticker clearcoated, too.

I would guess that the "Power Pasos" were the few Limiteds that came with the additional "for racing only" exhausts in a crate.
Not sure if the 40mm header is an indicator for a Power Paso as Fallons also writes that after a certain year or VIN all Pasos had it. (would have to check the book later for a proper quote).

G.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:46 am 
Well, let me add my two cents worth on this. I am the original owner of a Limited Edition purchased in June of 1988 from Engle's Kawasaki of Freeport Ill. Long story of how they ended up with it but I purchased it in the crate. All the numbers I have been reading as to how many were produced lead me to write a letter to Ducati Holding Spa, Borgo Panigale, Italy. I received a reply from a Francesca Sola that reads as follows:
Dear Mr. McLea
We confirm you that Ducati has produced 50 exemplars of the 750 Paso (limited Edition) for various states and 50 for California. We also inform you that in our data base with frame number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (my limited) we have registered a 750 Paso USA (Limited Edition) produced in November of '87.

Kind Regards
Francesca Sola

Ok, so that means there were 100 produced and imported into the US.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:44 am 
OK GREAT.THANKS FOR THE INFO.THIS IS MY FIRST DUCATI AND I LOVE IT.PARTS ARE A PAIN TO GET BUT ITS A FUN BIKE.MINE HAS JUST OVER 5,000 MILES AND IT RUNS GREAT.IM TOYING WITH THE IDEA OF KEEPING IT AND RIDING IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.DO YOU RIDE YOURS MUCH?THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO.HAVE A GREAT DAY.....................CHRIS M.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:04 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

There are just a few parts that are impossible to get! Like the mirrors. They are unobtanium and should be bought whenever you see them on ebay.

If you need other parts can need a place to order from call Miles at BCM. http://www.bcmducati.com

He will get you whatever you need. Tell Jon Slocum told you to call.

On another note, could you turn off the CapsLock key? Typing in all caps is like shouting at the board.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:14 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium