[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - hello there
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: hello there
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:43 am 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1990
hello Paso owners! :)

I have bought mine about 3weeks ago, year 1990.
there is a lot work to do as a previous owner didn`t look after this lovely bike but anyway
it`s great to have it now :)

recently I have changed oil & oil filter, please take a look at this picture, as I suspect
that there is something wrong with oil controll.

it seems that my "control oil level" is "blind", its all white, and I cant see oil level.

what can be wrong?

regards!
greg

Post subject: Re: hello there
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:42 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Hi.
I will guess that it is moist inside the engine that will dry out if you take the bike for a long trip to heat it up to normal working temperature.

Håvard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:29 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
As you know H20 is a by product of combustion motor. If a motor sits for long period of time in storage water will accumulate. After you ride it for a long ride or a few it should clear. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:45 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1988
Was it this color when you bought it 3 weeks ago or has it suddenly clouded up and turned white??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:55 pm 

hello guys,

thanks, it`seems that you are right as from 1997 the bike did only 4000 miles :)
(according to MOT)

jcslocum: the color was the same!

I`ve got another problem, after leaving bike on "neutral" gear, when I come back
after 2-3 hours, gear seems to be blocked.

I do can change to "first" gear, but then I cannot use "neutral" or "second" gear and so on...

I have to ride about 5-10 minutes, so the gear is unblocked.

what can be the reason?

btw: whats the oil capacity? as I was not able to check the level when changing the oil.
I put aprox. 2.5litres, and then after running the engine for about 5minutes, I put another 0.7

regards!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:21 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987

1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:55 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:05 pm 

Desmo_Demon, when the engine is cold, I can get the bike into the 1th gear ONLY! (from neutral gear)
then, after riding 5-7 minutes i can get into 2th and so on..

paso750, the problem is that it`s not possible to see the oil level through the window :)

btw, guys, I know you are experts about Paso :) is it possible that you could estimate the engine condition
by listening it when it`s running? :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:15 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:46 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

The plastic "glass" in the window can happen to loose completely its propriety and become "milky". There's a manifacturer that sells in ebay an handmade spare cap.
If the gear runs well after some minute, this means that it needs warm temperature to do:
How long did the bike stand by before you bought it? this might be a temporary problem that will go with a short rodage :)
Anyway, take attention to it!

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:58 pm 

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989
If there is a lot of condensation in the oil (white deposit on sight glass) then the piston rings might be worn. I use 3.5 litres of 15W40 oil for my Paso and its a good all round performer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:47 pm 

hello guys,

thanks for you help, but I`ve got another problem ;)
hope you could give me any advice that could help...

I get Paso about 3weeks ago but as I had to register it in my country
it had to stay at parking (we have bad wether, its raining all the time
so maybe thats the problem? ;)

so I ride Paso only a little bit, and there was no problem, except the gear
(that i described above)

but then I changed the oil, and one problem appeared, when I hold the clutch,
and push the bike (with engine off) - the bike is scratching.

when I turn on the engine, the gear is on neutral, the engine sounds very nice,
but when I hold the clutch (preparing to get into 1th gear) the engine makes very
bad sound...

then, when I get into 1th gear and start riding, the sound disappear.
but when I try to hold the clutch again - the sound come back :)

what can be the problem? oil that I put was motul 10w40.
but as I said maybe sth corroded because of the rain?

I`m very close to regret that as for my first bike I bought so old model ;)
but I couldnt resist when I saw Paso :) and I had to buy it :)

regards!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:02 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

If Its only that "rattle and hum" from DRY clutch, its 100% nomal for all Ducatis..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if its something very strange and awfull noise, then its time to open clutch(very easy operation) and check bearings and all plates. If U open dry clutch, keep on eye, what was the order of plates that U can rebuild it again with same order..... Min thickness U can find from workshop manual.

Anyway seems, that U are first Paso owner from "eastern Europe" ??? :thumbup:

Btw, 15W-50 fits better to Ducatis..... Shell Ultra Advance 4 fully synthetic. :smoke:

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:48 am 

as far as I know there`s one guy in my city with Paso 750 (painted with white&red)

anyway, I ride a little bit and the problem witch clutch disappear :)