[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Another new 750 at my house!
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Another new 750 at my house!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:40 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988
So I've gone and done it again. Bought another bike becasue I'm totally project addicted.

This time I have bought one of my dream bikes. A 1986 F1 with 3600 KM (2200 miles) on the clock. The Paso and the F1 were the first Ducati's to really make a mark on my mind. I have had a Paso for years but the F1 has always been hard to find. Finding one with low miles and without too many bad changes has taken some time. The paint will have to be completly redone because someting in the early 90's the PO had some kind of super FUGLY disco paint job done to it. Why? He won't say why.... It's bad. Really bad. I'm embarrased to show you :-/

It has yet to arrive here in NY and then the body work has to have the ugly paint stripped off before it is restored to the factory Tri-Colore beauty.

Post subject: Re: Another new 750 at my house!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:09 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
Don`t worry, seems like a clean project! :)

Good maintained?

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

Last edited by Tamburinifan on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:19 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Shooooowie,that bike sure got hit with the ugly stick Hope its only skin deep and not all the way to the bone :thumbup:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:20 am 

Well, it's different alright but not the worst I've seen. But the best part is.........now you have two Ducs to find 16 inch rubber for! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:15 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport
year: 1990
Congratulations on finding your dream bike, and we all with all the luck and patience as you make it into your bike. Looks like a wonderful start.

There is a reason that factories hire Industrial Designers, and generally don't copy backyard designs. You now own a shining example of that.

Cheers,

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:22 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
Jon, did you finish your last Paso before buying this ? :)
Wasn`t there some old Yamaha with a smiliar design ?!

Those front discs are really expensive. I bought a new set once. They came originally with ie the Montjuich.

G.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992
Great bike!!!
Pity for the bad paintwork.
Show us the pics, when you'll get her tricolore.
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:42 pm 
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great find! That gives me hope that some day I too can find my bike (888).....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:52 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:27 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Nice looking snag and it does look like they were going for a Yamaha look. :D

Since you need to repaint it, to be a little different, I'd either paint it as a SantaMonica or Laguna Seca....

Santamonica...

Laguna Seca...

1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:32 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Thanks for all of the kind words from my Paso familia!!

This is the look I want becasue it's original and the bike has such low miles.

That is an 85 but the paint is 99% correct.

Gerhad, No I haven't finished the other Paso project. It's been too damn cold here to work in the barn. I have the rear end apart becasue the rear rotor appears to be spaced wrong and the rotor is mounted too far left. I didn't realise this at first so I have to put it together and check that the chain is straight with a laser and then figure out where the inccorect part is.

The bike has 18" and 16" rims. Fairly narrow too so it doesn't use radial tires.

I have the front brakes from a Montjuich so I will make that upgrade and I will keep my eye our for the full floating rear rotor too.

I'd really like to find the verlicchi (sp) racing exhaust.

It has only 2 K miles so maintenance has been minimal. The previous owner had the carbs rebuilt this past fall and the tank cleaned out. I will change the belts and chek her over closely and then ride!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:39 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992
What a beauty!!!
Tricolore, she's to be tricolore!!!
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:41 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:21 pm 

year: 1993
Jon,

Congratulations you just got the response of "Oooooh thats pretty" from my wife - I've never heard her say that before about a bike ! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:46 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah