[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Taking care of a mature but still very charming lady
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Taking care of a mature but still very charming lady
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:37 pm 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Shes at home at last, and she is complete with mirrors. Her sister kept feeling alone, so they will make company each other.

As "paso750" said, she come with racing cans.

but not only, since i found in the box a flywheel and fuel jets, i guess she has a lightened flywheel and proper fuel jets, compliant to these mods, or may be something else that i don't know for now.

Under the seat a small treasure:

Post subject: Re: Taking care of a mature but still very charming lady
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:20 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
They look great together, Is that SP2?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:04 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:15 pm 

Tried to start the engine today. Dried the tank from old gasoline, put new one inside, turned the key and........ nothing!!!
Battery is gone. So i bought a new one, put liquids inside and charged it, then.................

http://s1231.photobucket.com/user/Sergi ... 1.mp4.html

The old battery

The new one:

The battery settle:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:09 am 

model: 750 Sport
year: 1988
Fantastic :thumbup: .

Cheers
Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:58 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
congratulations Sergio, you have a couple of good looking bikes :thumbup:

I wouldn't waste my money on a lead acid battery though...there are much better batteries on the market now :beer:

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:37 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:53 am 

Today first ride.
Early in the morning (in Italy early means 9:00 o'clock) i went to the insurance company to get the girl insured, and then back to garage to take her out. I had to go for tecnical inspection. Here il lasts two years, and now she is ok untill october 2015.
First impressions:
1) This bike is like a truck to drive, compared to the other Ducatis i own.
2) The throttle action is not clean, and sometimes idle runs too high, while stopping at red lights.
3) Brakes are not so good. I think a new set of pads will fix any ploblem.

I think the bike needs just to be driven, to get used to 16" rims and so wide tires, and for the regular running of the engine, i think the carburetor needs a very deep and accurate cleaning.
After the tecnical control i went for a short trip around the town, and noticed the clutch lever become soo fu***g hard i hardly could start and stop. What may it be?? Now she is resting in garage, and as soon as possible i want to take the clutch cover off and check what's going on with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:47 pm 

I found why the clutch was so hard: the shafto of the pushing plate was almost seized. It was dry and rusty. Now, after some cleaning and some (not too much) disulfide lithium grease, it work pretty great. I tested it in the afternoon, and also the carburation improved after some air screw adjustement.

This makes me think about a winter rebuilding................ :roll:

Here the new bearing for the clutch piston.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:32 pm 

year: 1989
Great bikes :thumbup: How's the suspension setup? I've installed an öhlins at the rear (setup hard). At the front I turned it to position 1. Also an 180/60/16 bridgestone at the rear and the handling is as good as my 851. Ok it's a Strada, not a SP3 ;)

Here's a topic about the öhlins I've overhauled:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:03 am 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:05 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 pm