[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - New Member from New Zealand
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Member from New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:38 am 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Hi Guys,

My Name is Paul and I ( after a 12 year kid hiatus) am back on a bike! and now I have three.
I have a Ducati Paso 750 1987 model with Ohlins rear shock and reconditioned Marzocchi M1R front end
The thing with this bike, is that it has had a 2001 750 monster motor shoehorned into it.....bliss as it has Mikuni's and they make the bike run sweetly :) I got it with 2 new tryes and a recent new battery so it should be reliable for a while......... Only drawback is that the Monster motor only puts out 62HP in stock form, bit down on the Original Paso motor at 72! sigh.......I guess it makes up for reliability and that I cannot go too fast and kill myself....lol
Also have a Cagiva Alazzurra 650 which I bought off a mate who raced it, I am currently getting it back to original condition with all original body work Air intake and silencers, once complete and rideable I intend to ride it and get the feel of it before stripping it down again and racing it myself.
Also am restoring a 1982 Suzuki RM125 which is coming along nicely :)

Had plenty of bikes in the past,1973 Triumph 750 Bonneville, Ducati GTL500, 750 Sport, Mountaineer, Montessa Cota 247, DKW175, Zundapp 50, and spent 10 years doing up a 1941 741B 500cc Indian, which when finished was a thing of Beauty! had a few Japanese bikes too, but not a big fan.

anyway enough about me, I stumbled across this site whilst on Ducpower.com and have enjoyed reading thru the posts and enjoy tongue in cheek humour :)

So another Paso to the fold!

Cheers
Paul

Attachments:
Monster motor.jpg
Monster motor.jpg [ 344.63 KiB | Viewed 13613 times ]
Ally side on.jpg
Ally side on.jpg [ 388.48 KiB | Viewed 13613 times ]
Paso.jpg
Paso.jpg [ 360.65 KiB | Viewed 13613 times ]
 Post subject: Re: New Member from New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:41 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:59 pm 

year: 1986
Hi Paul,

Where about in NZ are you? Was the Paso recently (in the last few months) on TradeMe, as I seem to remember one that struggled to get $4K?
Cheers,

Fraser.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:12 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Hi Paul ( good Kiwi name that )Where abouts in NZ , unless its Auckland , in which case your better off sayin' nothing :D . We are a good bunch here , fairly stereotypical of our geographic locations :P , with a wide range of mechanical skills and experience ....... all the way from Guru to penis fingers. I don't think we are a purist bunch in that most of us have made sensible modifications to our Paso's .
Hamish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:23 am 

Hi Guys and thanks for the welcome :)
I am in CHCH
Interesting about the Hp figures....Falloons Ducati Catalogue is where I got the figures from.
Hi Fraser, Yes it was on Trademe, I rode it back from Oamaru where it was from. I paid 3K with new front tyre thrown in :)

16 inch front wheel with soon to go on brand new 130/60ZR16 ( Shinko)

Hamish, where are you based?

Was at the Sound of Thunder last weekend, for the John Britten tribute and had the only Paso there!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:13 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

this is a chart of a 907ie. I have another from a 750S with Dell orto conversion and it shows 64hp and one of a P750 with Mikuni conversion showing 61.5hp.

Attachments:
970ie flowed heads.jpg
970ie flowed heads.jpg [ 39.58 KiB | Viewed 13566 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:14 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
Hi Paul ...... oh cool , another MAINLANDER , Yay! . I know of at least one other Paso in Chch , shouldn't be to hard to spot him ..... his sprocket bolts have probly worked loose again by now :D .Im from Invercargill , and I think the (Kiwi) rest are on the wrong side of the ditch. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:57 pm 

Wellington Here

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:43 am 

I'm in Blenheim, that's the mainland last I checked.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:41 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1988
Welcome, Paul!

Cool to see a Monster block wedged into the Paso's square frame rails (I've an M750, as well as a P750). I also dig the IMO Renzo sticker ... while I'm not usually a fan of extra stickers, I think that one's a fine touch. :thumbup: :beer:

1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:55 am 

model: 900 SS
Auckland but lived in Chch (auto spell comes up Chechnya haha) when young

It's raining at the moment just in case you are wondering

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:52 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992