[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - need pictures of cambelt pulleys
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: need pictures of cambelt pulleys
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:55 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
if someone has the belt covers removed could you make a picture of the camshaft and driving pulleys?
I noticed that my belts hang off the camshaft pulleys by 1-2mm. About as much as the thread of the camshaft is showing. The nut of the driving pulley sits on the end of the thread. Looking at the position of the belt on the tensioner pulley it seems the driving pulleys are a bit further out than the camshaft pulleys.

G.

Attachments:
DSCF1576.JPG
DSCF1576.JPG [ 178.69 KiB | Viewed 10404 times ]
 Post subject: Re: need pictures of cambelt pulleys
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:35 pm 

This is what I have:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:01 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

thank you very much! Do your belts run centered on the idler and tensioner pulley?
Mine don`t. Moving the driving pulleys inward would correct that but looking at your pictures it seems they are in the same position as mine (there`s no remaining thread visible) which would indicate that my camshaft pulleys should move outwards but then I doubt that the belts not running in the middle of idler and tensioner pulley is normal. :huh:

Attachments:
DSCF1590.JPG
DSCF1590.JPG [ 54.7 KiB | Viewed 10386 times ]
DSCF1597.JPG
DSCF1597.JPG [ 116.21 KiB | Viewed 10386 times ]
DSCF1598.JPG
DSCF1598.JPG [ 118.12 KiB | Viewed 10386 times ]
DSCF1600.JPG
DSCF1600.JPG [ 46.05 KiB | Viewed 10386 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:43 am 

These are old photos, but they may help a bit. I can take new photo closeups of the idler and tensioner pulleys if you need them. Just let me know I could do it tomorrow.

I think someone more knowledgeable on this forum will be of help clarifying this issue. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:10 pm 

year: 1989
Gerhard, here's a picture of the pulley on the vertical head.

Attachments:
20150919_135638_2.jpg
20150919_135638_2.jpg [ 115.15 KiB | Viewed 10339 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:30 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Hey G
Didn't you change your cams at some point ?

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:34 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

yes I did but that belt offset of course remained. I finally want to figure out what causes it.
Thanks again for the pictures. It would be nice to see some that show the pulleys and belt from the top or bottom to get a better picture of the position of the belt on the idler and tensioner pulley.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:58 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

If it was there to begin with I'd have to remove the crankshaft pulley and see what the issue is. The rest all seems to look the same in terms of overriding the pulleys and rollers. How do things line up on the other side of the crank ?

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:36 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:55 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah