[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Mazzochi M1R Fork tubes
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mazzochi M1R Fork tubes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:02 am 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988
Hi
I just bought some replacement fork tubes from a reliable supplier in Germany , they are the correct part numbers , correct lengths & diameter , but at the bottom of each tube there is no step for the bush or hole drilled for the passage of oil .

My question is has any one else seen or fitted tubes like this or are they just wrong .

Are they for an earlier model M1R ? . I have seen a copy of a factory document that suggests drilling the oil passage holes .

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Bill

Post subject: Re: Mazzochi M1R Fork tubes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:30 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987

Attachments:
marzocchi_m1r_servicebulletin.jpg [67 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
20118EGt.jpg
20118EGt.jpg [ 33.11 KiB | Viewed 9683 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:27 pm 

year: 1989
Hi,

Do you have a picture of the tubes?

Frank

Ducati Monster 796 abs - 2010

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:28 am 

Hi guys

Thanks for the reply's , I have some pictures of the new tubes & the old but just cant seen to get them downloaded .
I will try to get it sorted in the next few days .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:30 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
you can attach them to your post if the size is not too big or get a free account at photobucket.com and then post the link to the pictures here

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:32 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport
year: 1990
Can you share the name of the supplier of your fork tubes? I have looked around replacement tubes and have had poor luck.

Cheers, Phil

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:12 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
We have these on UK Ebay. Appreciate they are for the 906 but not sure if they have other's available.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-906-PA ... SwVupTq~c6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:07 am 

Hopefully I can get these photos downloaded , original fork tube & new tube with part numbers.
looks like one of them worked !
As you can see they are totally different at the bottom end of the tube , anybody seen these before ?

Attachments:
original & new.jpg
original & new.jpg [ 304.86 KiB | Viewed 9470 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:12 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Yeah, that doesn't look right. No place to mount the lower bushing our let the fluid pass through.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:47 am 

I have seen photos on the net of similar plain looking tubes , they where on a Ducati / Paso / M1R forum but I have no idea where !
It was these photos that made me think that there was a variation in the style of the tubes or maybe for a different model rather the reject them & return them to the supplier .
I will have to wait a bit & see if any more info comes to light before I think of what to do with them .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:37 pm 

model: other
year: 1985
Hello Bill
Seeing that you are in Australia, perhaps you might like to try Paul at http://www.motorcycle-parts.com.au/

He's a dealer for Tarozzi replacement tubes and you can get them for your Paso, in flash TiN as well. He is located just out of Brisbane.

I'm not involved with him other than as a customer and found him excellent to deal with. Anyway good luck and I hope this helps - give us an update which ever way you decide to go.

Cheers
Jason

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:53 am 

model: other
year: 1985
I forgot to attach a link to road M1R forks

http://www.laverdamania.net/images/M1R%20manual.pdf

Cheers
Jason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:08 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

If anyone finds somebody that will rechrome them, I have a few sets of pitted fork tubes that would benefit from some new chrome. Perfectly good tubes otherwise.

Cheers, Phil