[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Howdy from a newbie in Aus (Melb) - Looking at a 750
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Howdy from a newbie in Aus (Melb) - Looking at a 750
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:21 am 

model: intending to buy a Paso/Sport
year: 1988
Hi all,
First time poster long time reader.
I've always been taken by the "modern" look of the Paso and have wanted one for a long time. There is one for sale in Templestowe on bikesales.com.au and I thought I would run it by people on the site first before I contacted the owner. Or perhaps the owner is a member?

http://www.bikesales.com.au/private/SSE ... i-750-Paso

Please take a squiz and tell me what you think. Maybe a few tips on what I should look for when I go to have a look.

Thanks
Julian

Post subject: Re: Howdy from a newbie in Aus (Melb) - Looking at a 750
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:32 pm 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Ask the owner why it was repainted (crash? hidden/repaired damage?). Why does it have a seat from a 907?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:44 pm 

year: 1989
Race pipes looks nice. Seems polished as they are deep black original. Dash is different to say at least.. Looks like a bike that was loved by the owner. Be sure to check behind the fairing. If the fairing has its numbers in it, it is at least OEM parts. Look at the state of the engine. Dry, paint gone etc.
Léon

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:00 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:05 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
it is also clearly an import (as the seller notes)... the US taillight and MPH speedo. So i'd be double checking the numbers. From the pictures the paint looks very "flat" for a pearl respray. Seems like it is missing a gloss coat but that can be hard to tell in photos online

But my biggest question is the photo that shows a yellow Paso in front of it? Which is another unusual colour. I'd want to make sure i wasn't getting the poor cousin or at least the price was fair for the poor cousin.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:43 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Looks like a fairly typical price for Aussie land. A dime a dozen here in the USA Picked my 750 up for well under a grand of course no race cans and not running but in overall good condition

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

Last edited by higgy on Tue May 10, 2016 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:44 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
that Paso has been up for sale for quite some time. The rear tire is a Pirelli MP7. They stopped making them in the mid 90s.
Fork legs and side stand seem to be bare metal and not repainted silver. The clutch lever is bent (why?). The original chainguard is missing as is the rubber grommet that holds the speedometer cable to the front fender.
Did the '88 have the chromed passenger grab handle or was that already the black one?

A while ago this file was made which might help you:
https://app.box.com/s/2fhq2uukm6t3hc14mboele7zupkdgq2e

G.

Attachments:
800047225.jpg
800047225.jpg [ 37.66 KiB | Viewed 7091 times ]
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:32 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:38 pm 

Sanity may have prevailed. I will stick with my Vulcan until something better comes along. The trouble is they don't come up very often. I don't mind getting my hands dirty and fixing a few things but I do prefer to ride. Thanks for all your considered responses.
There is a nice 907ie in WA, but that's just a tad too far to go to test ride. :-)