[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Weber 44DCNF - idle air jet ???
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Weber 44DCNF - idle air jet ???
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:03 pm 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1989
Mounting the Weber, I did a last check on content (I did mount the 34mm chokes) when I noticed the manual says the "idle air jet" has a size 130.
Sorry, but where is this jet (how does it looks) and how can I see the size (130)?
I have dismantled/overhauled the completely but have I missed something?

Regards,

Frank

Ducati Monster 796 abs - 2010

Post subject: Re: Weber 44DCNF - idle air jet ???
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:02 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Frank in the middle of the carb body on either side under a brass slotted screw right below the carb top There is an o-ring which seals the screws to the carb body. The jets are held in place by the screw and the size is imprinted on each jet. Number 25,26,27 in the diagram

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:45 am 

Hi Higgy :)

Thanks for the info but those are the idle jet items and the Paso workshop manual mentions also an idle air jet (size 130 ?!).
This one I don't know, I know the screw (item 6 on the page 4 of your Weber mod. piece) but I can't find a number/size.

Anyway I did mount the 34mm chokes you advised on the otherwise, although overhauled incl. new buttervalve spindle, completely standard Weber.
I wanted to fit 2 F21 emulsion tubes but these were almost impossible to obtain and 1 source asked $90 for the 2 (excl. P&P).
So this will be the base for later tuning.
I do however mount a vacuum fuel pump.
The float level confused me a little: the Paso 750 workshop manual says 46mm but I read a lot about 42mm (maybe for the 906 .... ?). :wacko:

Also I was not able to find me a fresh (non cracked) carter venting hose (pn 037095530), does anyone know if it is possible to make a bend in a straight rubber/nitril hose without collapsing/closing the tube/hose? :?:

The K&N airfilter (DU-900) does not fit that well, maybe due to the air filter housing (750 version is poorly manufactured, maybe it's better to mount a 906 version). :dunno:

Frank

Attachments:
File comment: Carter venting hose - Paso 750
037095530-1.jpg
037095530-1.jpg [ 4.76 KiB | Viewed 5677 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
The 906 airbox has the breather hose connected to the front bottom instead of the front.
There are breather hoses that look similar. You'd have to ask the sellers for the inner diameter, overall length and width of the elbow. There's probably something out there you can use. Maybe:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/142577567260#shpCntId
https://www.ebay.de/itm/142792124152
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Moto-Guzzi-BREA ... SwR4dbdZjc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:13 am 

Thx Gerhard!

Good tip: Guzzi dealer! :thumbup:

Any advise on which float level I should use: 42 or 46mm?

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:51 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:01 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
generally speaking the float level when adjusted correctly should be level with the carb top when the needle just contacts the seat. My eyes are older these days and I find a cheap pair of diopters(reading glasses) from the local drug shop most helpful in seeing when the spring on the top of the needle just starts to compress. This is the point where the top of the float should be level with the carb top.

The jet I think you refer to is the needle valve used for fine tuning the idle air jets. When the DCNF was new they came in three different tapers. Yes they had numbers to order but no markings on the needles. Good luck finding them with anything other than the "standard" taper these days

Weber DCNF Idle Mixture Screw, 64755.007 Alfa1750 still has them for about 5 bucks plus shipping(9-2018)

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:49 pm 

Higgy, thanks I'll adjust the float to be level with the top of the carb.
Makes sence because if not level my next question would be which part of the float should be 46mm from the top.
If I adjust it level with the top it measures 42mm, so I will keep it there.

Concerning the idle air jet, happy to understand where it came from since I document all the changes I've made and the "300" made me doubt if I forgot something or not.

And I started using reading glasses 10 years ago, unfortunately (have difficulty reading the sat nav when riding my bike :fart: ).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:29 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Attachments:
weber_dcnf_float_setting_data_sheet_ds.jpg
weber_dcnf_float_setting_data_sheet_ds.jpg [ 49.39 KiB | Viewed 5632 times ]