[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - BACK AGAIN !!!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BACK AGAIN !!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Hello everyone,

after about a month and a week offline we`re finally back.
A couple of things happened and some changes have taken place.
We will let you know about it all soon.

Happy to be back. :)

G.

Post subject: Re: BACK AGAIN !!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:36 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
I'm so happy that it is online again now that the winter is here and the bike is stored away there is a happy place here for us winterbirds. . .

Attachments:
File comment: Officer: Here 70 is allowed and you have been driving 240, my sportfriend
Ducatisti: How should I at those speeds recognize those little roadsigns officer?

Ducati09.jpg
Ducati09.jpg [ 57.58 KiB | Viewed 14371 times ]
File comment: Darling it's winter time, now it is time for me!
images.jpg
images.jpg [ 12.26 KiB | Viewed 14371 times ]

Proud owner of a;
- Ducati 907 ie 1992 in red
- Ducati 900 SSC Imola 1997 in red
- aprilia RST Mille Futura 2001 in infinity blue
- Alfa Romeo 159 SW 2007 in Grigrio Stromboli
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:11 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1988
thanks everyone for your patience, thanks to gerhard and jon for volunteering to take on the site. it's been a LONG stay, but my time has come to pass the torch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:29 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

:cool:

Thanks for everything, Mike. You did a great thing for the World of Paso in establishing this site.

I'm sure every one of us wishes you all the very best of luck for the future. Please keep in touch, even when you no longer have your Paso.

Erskine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:42 am 

model: other
I can only echo what is being posted across the site, thank you for starting it all Mike, and thank you Gerhart and Jon for taking over the responsibility of running it.

I truly have missed my daily check in's to see who's writing what, and why, I was going to write I should get a life, but in reality this site is a part of my life now, and I think I like it just fine. :choo:

Thanks Again

Peter

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:33 am 

year: 1986
Thanks for all your help Mike. You saved my bacon by forwarding on some 16" Michelin tyres to New Zealand about 7 years ago when the shop selling them wasn't interested.

Life moves on, so best wishes for whatever you have planned.

Cheers,

Fraser.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:30 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
Mike, I do remember when I joined the Yahoo mailing list in fall of 1999. I was on my first job and dreaming of an early 851 which was still above my budget. The 851 being out of reach and me being particular about what I like the Paso which I then rediscovered was the only other option for me if buying a Ducati. I didn`t know a thing about these bikes back then but I remember seeing one occassionally when on holiday in Italy and loving them.

Not exactly sure if it was in the picture gallery of Pasoworld (as your site was named back then) that I noticed a 750 with some details that interested me. It was owned by a friendly dutch guy.
This was increadible 14 years ago. Shortly after I found my Paso in the local newspaper ads. That dutch guy is meanwhile married and has three kids. We are still in almost weekly email contact but have never met.

This whole project of yours has come a long way. The guys on the forum like on the mailing list before were always a great and friendly crowd which makes it special and unique. Just like others have mentioned it feels like a cyber family.
I`m happy to have been a part of this for so long and to be able to continue it with Jon until the day we may hand it down to the next Paso generation. Who knows.

I appreciate what you built up here! Thx

Gerhard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:31 pm 

Gerhard said it all, including his personal experience , funny enough, similar to mine.

thank you very much.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:12 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Long Live DucatiPaso.org and Thank you all for all you do :beer: :beer: :beer:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:15 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Thanks Mike for starting this site , and G and Jon for rebooting it .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:55 am 

model: 750 Sport
As above.Thankyou to Mike and to G and J for taking up the reins.

Cheers
A2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:01 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1991
"Thanks Mike for starting this site , and G and Jon for rebooting it."

+1. :thumbup:
Donation made, lets all chime in.
It was a looong wait...

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:48 am 

year: 1989
FINALLY....I have something to read on the bus out to site. I really missed my regular "view new posts" session. Fu#%'n awesome that the Holy Grail of Paso sites is back up again.

Thankyou G. and Jon for taking over the reins (...pretty sure everyone thought it was Gerhards site anyway...lol) and all the responsibility that goes with it. Thankyou Mike for what you have done so far and for your part in the handover.

I made a donation after a year on here and will do so every year. This will make the operation of it easier for the moderators to financially handle. I have received much information and guidance which would have cost me money anyway, had I been able to find it! Money well spent.

Lane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:24 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

We had a short outage last night as some server settings we changed. Funny how they can turn on a cell phone in 30 seconds, but if you make a change to the server address settings it can take 12 hours.

1and1 our new host has specific DNS settings that have to be complied with, so that was all that was changed.