[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - 750 Sport restoration project
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: 750 Sport restoration project
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:30 am 

model: 750 Sport
year: 1988
Busy today but tomorrow I want the frame sanded and ready for painting.I have a question...why does no one put their real names on the end of posts on the internet.I don't know about others but I feel awkward not being able to say hello to someone I might talk to regularly on a forum by their first name.Seems a bit cold.Anyway enough dribble back to sanding :banghead: :lol: :lol: .

Cheers
Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:08 am 

model: other

Attachments:
100_3482.JPG [215.44 KiB]
Downloaded 484 times

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:02 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:56 am 

Believe it or not I'm going to get more done on this project :dunno: .The holdup has been.....wait for it.....money.What's new :banghead: .Anyhow I'm getting the frame powder coated in the next couple of weeks.The dilema I'm having is whether to add the extra reinforcing near the steering head like later model Dukes or leave it standard.I know these bikes are'nt the most collectable around but when I mod something I like to be able to return it to standard if need be.I know will say do it and some not so what is the advantage of that extra strut.Did they crack around the steering head or was it to fix a handling problem?.

Cheers
Andrew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:53 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1990
I have never heard of a Sport frame cracking, anywhere. I would assume the strut was added based on the development of the 851 which has a similar frame structure around the head area. I would assume that the added strut stiffened the frame for situations, like heavy braking.

If you add it, I would suggest doing it the way CroMo bicycle frames are made and just braze it in place. Cut the seat stays off an old bicycle and your in for cheap.

Cheers, Phil

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:36 am 

model: other
Or dare, dare, to just leave it, they will be collectable one day and paticualrly a unbutchered 1st Model in original condition, may take another 10 years though :lol: :lol: :lol:.

As Phil says it is an easy thing to get done, but...................................

This was always a more about saving a bike that was left to rot, than owning one to ride project, no?

I mean who would have ever thought a Drama :banghead: or any square case model in original condition would become so sort after one day, all they ever did back in my day was drop bigends and valves when ridden the way they should be, ah hindsight what a wonderfull thing. :drunk:

And you should know better then anyone, you do still share a shed with one don't you :beer:

Cheers

Peter

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
what a great post, and interesting restoration, :thumbup:
Andrew you have undertaken a major project...your mate must of been living next to the beach, or very close to a cement factory, or both :lol:
I can sympathise with your dilemma as I find myself in a tight financial situation as well, but also keen to finish my 851 project... :beer:

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:12 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:19 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:24 am 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:29 am 

I spotted this on the net today.It's a Phil Annesley photo from the Island Classic (Philip Island).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:33 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Great picture.

That's an early Sport with out the diagonal brace to the headset. Flat slide carbs (or Dellortos, can't quite tell) , no battery (probably in back like an F1) an F1 fairing, and a 17" front wheel. No linkage on the shifter, and a rather crude shifter at that. Great find.

Cheers, Phil

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:02 am 

Great pic - and 40mm Dell'Ortos I think.

Love the look of a Sport with big air under the tank - if you know what I mean...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:32 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Keep It Simple & Stupid :)

Speaking of it why would one make adapters to keep the 280mm discs on a Sport that`s modified for track instead of using the 320mm discs made for those wheels and just make an adapter for the caliper ?

G.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 32  Next