[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - New Member
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:27 pm 

model: 750 Sport
year: 1988
My name is Volker and I’m coming from Germany. Since 15 years I’m riding and owning several Ducatis.

Several years ago I bought an 88 model of the 750 sport, still in the original colour pattern of the first production lot. Yes it’s one of the rare red-blue-white bikes.

Today the colour pattern is still the original one. Since the bike was in a good overall condition I decide to modify only the parts that have to be changed:

• Rear Damper
• Brake hoses
• Wind shield , now a black one
• Repaint the lower part of the fairing in the original red

I’m still riding the bike with the 16”er and hoping to get new tires in the future.
I’m not so skilled in writing English, so excuse all my grammar and writing mistake.

Unfortunately I didn’t find the possibility to add a picture of my bike.

At the moment the bike is not running, because the ignition switch is broken and I’m not able to find an original spear part. Is anybody using the ignition switch of the following model (SS91-97) and what have you to change to get is run with this part?

Greeting from the south of Germany

Volker

Post subject: Re: New Member
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:56 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Hi Volker,

Did you try to fix the switch ? In numerous cases it is possible.

here`s how to
http://www.box.net/shared/4evp1px5be

If the Sports ignition switch has the same connector as the Pasos ignition switch it`s square with round pins. The connector of the SS switch is wide and has flat pins as far as I know.

Gruß,

Gerhard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:23 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Welcome. I've found this to be a good group, very willing to help.

As to your English, au contraire, I'd say you are very skilled in it, no need to apologize.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:52 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:39 am 

Short test to add a photo of my 750 sport

Gerhard, my ignition switch looks different to the one shown in the description.
I will try to make a photo later.

Kurt, I still find taking to somebody much easier than writing an email or post.

Greeting from Germany

Volker

Post subject: Re: New Member - Paint
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1990
That paint job always looked a bit like a Union Jack to me. Was there a Brit on the design team? I think they were aiming at the US and British markets, but oddly, that paint job never made it to the States.
I think it would look really good if you switched all the blue bits to Italian Green. That would fix it straight away. And there would be no mistaking where that bike came from. For and easy trial, you can get some green reflective tape which is close to the right tone.

Nice bike though.

Cheers,

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:42 pm 

Hello Kurt
looking at your sport makes me wonder if i shoudn't rebuild mine back to original. It can look quite good. I see yours still has the original pipes? Does it have an aluminum swing arm, as our models suffered from cracking?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:26 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:48 am 

year: 1990
i kind of like the colors, definitely unique which is a plus.

as for the ignition switch, i believe, though not certain, that mine is from a honda. I'm hoping to get an oem one soon, but if you just want to ride, petty much any switch will do the trick!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:07 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 pm 

Hello Clive,

now problem at all ;)
I still use the original mufflers at my sport. They sound okay and are legal for road use. With loud pipes you got soon problems with the german police.
The swing arm is an aluminum one simular like the one used at the limited models of the F1. Till now I have no problems with cracks so far.

Greeting from Germany

Volker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:46 am 

Hi Volker
have a look at my post there some pics of my sport - looks identical to yours. The pipes on it before I stripped it down were very loud (when i could get it to run!!) so they won't be going back on. If I return it to original I'd like to get some pipes made up like yours.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:00 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Are those just Paso mufflers??

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:36 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
no, although they generally look the same

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:29 pm 

The name or number on the mufflers are A01 and B01.

Greeting from Germany

Volker