[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - 1990 900 Supersport
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 1990 900 Supersport
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:18 pm 

model: 900 SS
year: 1990
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT IT.

Well, I will when I go to pick it up. Agreed a phenomenal deal with the seller, I can't believe my luck.

Although it's taxed and mot'd and all road legal, the belts not being changed for 9 years is a concern. So instead of riding it back the hour and a half, I'm going to collect it by van. Would it still be safe to start so u can hear it run or best to wait until the belts are replaced and the bikes been serviced, just to be on the safe side?

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:48 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:57 am 

That's awesome information and advice Phil. Thank you so much for taking the time to put that together, it will definitely help me when I go to get the bike. At least I know what to look for before I hand over the cash.

I've got some pictures that the guy sent so I'll post them up when I wake up a bit more. Last night felt like Christmas eve used to feel before I got all grown up!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:34 am 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:58 am 

Beautiful!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:42 am 

Cheers Dan. Hopefully it'll look as good in the flesh when I pick it up at the weekend - already booked in for a full service including belts and valve clearances for the 14th May so I won't actually be riding it for two weeks. Sweet sweet torture. At least i get to polish it and gaze adoringly upon its static mechanical beauty.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:05 pm 

Bloody hell!!! Country shuts down at a weekend or so it seems. Does anyone know a van hire company that allows vehicle return on Sunday in Suffolk or Suffolk/Essex area

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:48 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Bike looks great. Normal wear and tear for the years. Bone stock as best I can tell. Original mirrors, and turnsignals, and cans. Rotors look fine, but if you go to EBC steel rotors, they will have a bit more bite. Wash it up, tune it, and go for a ride.

Cheers, Phil

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:02 am 

year: 1988

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:39 pm 

Well, I went to look at the bike today before commiting to buying it. Rear tyre needs replacing, top yoke scratched to buggery, engine has paint flaking off it, what looks like a small plastic cover missing off the clutch lever, small hairline crack on the weld on the swingarm l/h/s.

But I bought it anyway. It's frickin gorgeous.

Comes with original handbook, owners manual and toolkit. Rare as hens teeth on their own let alone all together.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:07 pm 

Some of the bits n pieces that came with the bike. Also included was a heavy duty chain, a quality disc lock, an Oxford products bike cover and a rear paddock stand.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:04 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I guess that qualifies as full kit. Their is a blue Ducati shop manual for that year of bike, if you keep looking. I have one, so I know they exist.

For the price, did you get him to deliver it?

Don't be tempted to put on a 180 rear tire. The 170 will turn in better.

Keep an eye on those cracks, and have them welded up if they get bigger. They may stay that way for years.

Cheers, Phil

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:48 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Welcome TheDuctor

I don't think there is a forum for the 900SS you've bought/are buying. Everyone here is friendly and most are very knowledgeable and if not we have comfortable shoulders and lots of tissues . . .. You're very welcome even if you don't have the exact bike you have the same disease . . .. (Always wondered why the 900ss wasn't included.)

The bike you're talking about is very rare, with the 17" wheels she'll be a great ride and most parts are (I think) easily available.

HOWEVER - if you are worried about costs - you've not bought the wrong bike - you bought the wrong marque!! Ducati ain't cheap . . .

Made in Italy IS the most expensive Italian bike dealer in this country (the world?) but his bikes are the best quality and his knowledge of Ducati is second to none - he is very well published on the marque.

Glad to have you on board - Welcome - where are you?

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:19 am 

Hi Rhino,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

As with most things in life, you try to prepare yourself the best you can for what you're about to get into, but you can never always be fully prepared. I think that must be what owning a Ducati must be like from what I've read and been told. But wheres the fun in always knowing what's coming your way?

I'm in Ipswich so only 15 minutes away from Made in Italy, so the occasional "dribble trip" to look round the showroom hasn't been unknown.

I can't wait to get on it, ride it, park it up outside a coffee shop and just sit and gaze at it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next