[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - update on my black 750sport racer
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: update on my black 750sport racer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:07 am 

model: 750 Sport
year: 1988
this winter the bike was in need of a make over.
my engine had a crack, neer the pivot pin that connects the swingarm.
bad place to weld, so new engine, but same cilinders with pistons and heads.
chanch the frame at the rear, fore a better seating position, (and looks)
new black powdercoting fore the frame, and new paint fore the bike.
its ready fore new season of classic racing!
i have a ignitech ignition fore the bike, does anyone know how to work whit the ignitech software program?
a step by step explanation would be very helpfull.
i think the make over went well, can''t wait fore first race.
look at picture's and see the difference.
cheers Willem.

the (old) bike in action!

the new setup.

ducati 750 sport parts bike 1990
ducati 1100 evo hypermotard

Post subject: Re: update on my black 750sport racer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:28 pm 

model: 900 SS
year: 1989
Very nice, What is the tail piece and is the frame actually modified to hold it.

Do any of the ignition pick up system have to be changed to work with the Ignitech. I see a lot of the later bikes use it but they have the Kukusan ignition system. Is it compatible with the Digiplex components.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:37 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Nice pictures,would have been nice to include them in the calender.......next year maybe :beer:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:24 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:45 pm 

model: 900 SS
year: 1989
That's what I thought with the Ignitech. So you had already previously converted to the Kukusan. What was involved.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:42 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1990
Willem,
Outstanding work. Once again, we hardly hear from you for a year, then you show us that you have been busy, and have done more work on your bike than most of us get done in 2-3 years. I love it. Your work is done with great taste.

Sorry to hear that your cases cracked. My guess is that finding 750 5 speed cases isn't too hard, but finding them that have the 25mm pivot pin is a bit more challenging.

Cheers, Phil

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:48 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:57 pm 

phil,
yes, its a hard to find cases, lucky i had a spare engine fore parts!

gr Willem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:26 pm 

model: 750 SS
year: 1991
That's a good lookin bike, like the black frame.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:00 pm 

Hi Willem
so good to see another sport going racing. Real pity we not in the same country so we could have 2 sports racing classics. How does the bike sound with those pipes? Also just out of interest what front brake pads do you use? This last weekend I fitted DP race pads (http://www.dp-brakes.com/Shop/p-2-SDP-SPORT-HH.html) and the difference is huge. I really have one finger braking now and a whole set of new braking points.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:16 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
cool bike. Is the exhaust tube thinner than the header ?

G.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:41 pm 

Clive,
the exhaust sounds good, but its not that loud, we have a noise restriction on the circuit of 95 DB.
i just put a new pare of breakpads in from carbone lorraine, never used them before so i have to wait en see how they perform!
thanks fore te tip of the dp pads, i keep that in mind fore next time.
gr willem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm