[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - What chain?
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: What chain?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 pm 

model: 750 Sport
year: 1990
Anybody have a recommendation for a good place to get a chain? I'll probably get an xring. What length are they? 15/38 gearing seems fine to me. Thanks -D

Post subject: Re: What chain?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:44 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
96 links as it says in the manuals ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:39 pm 

Thanks! I need to cut out all the pages in my manual that are not in languages I do not speak haha. I can never find anything. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:15 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:24 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

If you are changing the chain, you most likely need sprockets too. (unless it was age and rust that killed your chain)
Many in the group are running a 15 / 40 or 41. Still good for 115mph.

Cheers, Phil

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:00 pm 

Thx. I liked the gearing and assumed it was stock until I realized I was almost red lining at 85 mph. I must have a bigger rear or speedo is off. Will check, it seemed to good to be true, i.e. totally usable in town!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:57 pm 

Sure enough, 38T rear. What rpm are you guys running at 80-85mph? I'd redline it for sure From to pull 100.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

you may have a 14t in front.
With sprockets, its advisable to not run even number in front and back. The inside/outside plates will always fall in the same place, and wear your sprocket prematurely.

Cheers, Phil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:57 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:42 pm 

I did get up to 95 and was not redlined. Does rap out early though for a pseudo race bike. Even a 750 twin.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:11 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Im running 15/38 sprockets on my Paso , and spent most of the time in 5th gear , and wont even get close to redline at max speed of about 210 km/h ( on an Italian speedo ... so who would really know :D ) , in fact I cant see the point in revving it much past 7500rpm as it fall flat on its face about there . :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:19 am 

I got this front sprocket and it's not the same as my old one which is totally gone. Notably, it's got a shoulder on one side and is dished on the other. The old sprocket is flat on one side and shoulder on the other.

I can't tell if the old one (I just bought the bike) is stock, as the sprockets are each SEVERELY warn on opposite sides, so it was obviously cross chained. Just curios if anyone recognizes this sprocket. It also has a much narrower grip or spline depth, so less of the sprocket contacts the spline and it would likely wear faster.

Thanks fellahs -Dave

Attachments:
Screenshot_2014-04-04-21-02-49.png [894.8 KiB]
Downloaded 108 times
Screenshot_2014-04-04-21-02-37.png [976.75 KiB]
Downloaded 108 times
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:19 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
That sprocket is for a 750 Paso not the Sport.
If your drive shaft has the fine splines the sprocket is the same for the SS, Monster, 851, 888

If you have the large spline driveshaft you`ll need a deep dished sprocket - just take a look at the parts catalogue.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:56 am 

Thanks P750. I'll get the right one. Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:00 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Which year Sport? The early ones didn't have the spacer on the right hand side of the engine between the frame, so they needed a bit more offset. That sprocket might be correct. Later models shifted the engine to the left by a bit, to get a better chain line. Your best bet with a Sport, is to get a laser pointer, square up the wheel in the swing arm, and use the laser to determine which is the correct sprocket to use. Which part number is the sprocket you have in your hand? I might need one of those some day? That looks about what I ended up with mine, but I went a completely different route to get there.

Cheers,
Phil