[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - 90 900 Supersport Tidy-up
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 90 900 Supersport Tidy-up
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:14 am 

model: 900 SS
year: 1990
With JE 11.5:1 high comps going in can anyone give me an idea to what I should retard the timing to start with (running 96 at worst)

Standard Marelli ignition (1989 to 1990) ... Very minor port (as had been messed with had it tidied up) .... Weber 116 .... Standard but new valves, guides

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:53 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
11.5:1 is what the pistons say or what was measured after installing them?
2° is what you`d usually start with.
If the heads are off I`d take the chance to verify the correctness of the TDC marks. With the production tolerances they can be 1-2° off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:09 am 

Good point and thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:03 am 

model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:39 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
1.931 (1989: 1.471, 1990: 460)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:53 am 

year: 1988

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:42 am 

Forks with New Stanchions, Seals & Oil.jpg
Forks with New Stanchions, Seals & Oil.jpg [ 38.7 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
Next up the Forks

Sliders blasted & painted

Stanchions were straight but just started to bubble ... soooo in with some new ones to go with Bushes, seals, etc

Easy enough job

Attachments:
Reassembly.jpg
Reassembly.jpg [ 37.57 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
Old Stanchion & bits in the bag.jpg
Old Stanchion & bits in the bag.jpg [ 34.32 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
 Post subject: The Triple
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:50 am 

Same pretty simple ... new bearings in after packing

Attachments:
Press Fitted Bottom Triple.jpg
Press Fitted Bottom Triple.jpg [ 29.93 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
Installing Spacer.jpg
Installing Spacer.jpg [ 23.1 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
Triple Installed.jpg
Triple Installed.jpg [ 43.95 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:56 am 

Fairing Frame blasted & painted

Clear out the thread

Starting to put some of the work already done on to the frame ... starts to look like a machine

Attachments:
The Thread.jpg
The Thread.jpg [ 27.36 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
Debris.jpg
Debris.jpg [ 33.7 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
Frame Installed.jpg
Frame Installed.jpg [ 44.25 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
 Post subject: The Dash & the Headlight
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:26 pm 

She was smashed ... previous owner had run into the back of a truck with an overhanging load

What you see is what was under the black tape holding the gauges together & a replacement Headlight

Couldnt save any of that so in to search mode for replacement

On the Headlight I mixed & matched a replacement headlight with what I had

Some of the reflector has sh!t itself on the new HL which really p!sses me off as that wrecker has consistently sold wrecked bits at top dollar but consistently sent up crap - bought a rear light that was broken in the exact same spot as the one I needed to replace... the clip ons were good for nothing when I got ... & the airbox I bought is missing clips/bungs & the seat that sits in the carbs is deformed (I will take that up with them soon to be fair)

In with new bulb & T10 LED ... the right grease & back together

On the Dash sourced parts & in to the fairing frame

After reading various on LED's I am going to pop some T5's in the Dash Lights (have sourced coloured LEDs from China for about a coffee in cost)

Attachments:
In with new bulb & T10 for parking light.jpg
In with new bulb & T10 for parking light.jpg [ 25.14 KiB | Viewed 8152 times ]
Completed Headlight.jpg
Completed Headlight.jpg [ 26.27 KiB | Viewed 8152 times ]

Last edited by The Paua Poacher on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Dash Photos
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:30 pm 

mmmmmmmmmmm VEGLIA (hope I spelkled that right)

When installing I replaced all the rubber, bolts, etc, etc at same time (thats not the expensive bits)

Attachments:
Internal Electrical Dash Panel.jpg
Internal Electrical Dash Panel.jpg [ 33.45 KiB | Viewed 8152 times ]
Sick looking Back of Dash.jpg
Sick looking Back of Dash.jpg [ 30.84 KiB | Viewed 8152 times ]
Instruments on.jpg
Instruments on.jpg [ 40.01 KiB | Viewed 8152 times ]
 Post subject: Tank
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:53 pm 

While I wait for the Primary Drive to come back so the cases can come back together I started thinking about her clothes

As mentioned this has been down the road ... old owner hit overhanging truck load so the fairing frame took the brunt of the ding (damages were all consistent with that)

The front fairing on the machine I had was fibreglass so found a replacement ... still needs a major sand, glue & ground up paint

I haven't taken photo's of the fine stress cracks (there were only a couple) ... or the half ars$d repairs behind the fairings (all done before) but have shown the tank has been caught in time with only a bit of rust in one corner & not terminal (great)

I wont do this work as the tank needs a paint strip... repair weld the rear mount ...a little panelbeating ... reseal & full paint ... but is underway while I work on other bits

Question ... anyone have a fuel sender (would consider a pump as well) they are happy to move on? ... please PM

Need a Seat Cowl as well?

Attachments:
The Fairings.JPG
The Fairings.JPG [ 58.56 KiB | Viewed 8118 times ]
Tank Rust just started.JPG
Tank Rust just started.JPG [ 30.02 KiB | Viewed 8118 times ]
Bottom of Tank.JPG
Bottom of Tank.JPG [ 48.27 KiB | Viewed 8118 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:36 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Fuel pump bits are all the same as the SS series from 1991 to about 2001 when they went to Fuel Injection.

Nice work so far.

Cheers, Phil

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:45 am 

Phil

Thanks for the encouragement ... made a couple of errors in coatings (should have powder coated triple, sliders & clip-ons but that is an easy fix)

I thought that sensor would be different as the tank is a different shape & the Reserve is shitty as it is

Righto will start the hunt now as makes bloody easy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:45 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next