[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - 906 exhaust
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 906 exhaust
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
I have been eyeing this cross shaped junction thing in the exhaust with some suspicion . Can any one tell me if this thing robs as much power as it looks as if it might ?Is it worth making up a "straight thru " system , with a cross over pipe ?

Post subject: Re: 906 exhaust
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:32 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

DONT take that cross junction away!!! It helps to have better low/mid rpm torque! Its JUST for taking better performance from V-2 engine. U can see such also in very many Guzzis. Its very important equipment, so dot take it away.... :smoke:

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:59 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988
It does restrict the the flow and there have been spaghetti systems from Ducati in the past but I doubt they fit the Paso. You can cut the box open and remove the square section that is welded inside, This is said to improve flow. Here is a picture of a spaghetti system:

I know of a welder that can make this header and it costs about $1600 if what I was told is correct.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:04 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
The ideal in the header cross would be to have it in the same diameter as the rest of the tubes just like this Termignioni system

There are some guys that drive around with completely open header crosses but I don`t think that is good. The exhaust gas streams of both cylinders meet there and to my understanding there should be something leading the streams to the side or at least preventing that the streams directly hit each other causing turbulences.

I had my own middle part totally removed and replaced by 2 open halves. Then they were cut open and a machined new cross was welded in. (the cross has curved flanks, it`s not just a square)

There are no dynoruns that I know of so this is mainly theoretical and experimental.

G.

PS: it`s not chromed but glasbead blasted and then nickel plated
Sidenote: the screws you see on the header normally are totally rusted and hardly removeable as they are made of steel. Meanwhile Ducati sells them made of stainless steel for little money.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:05 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Jon,
you don`t happen know who the manufacturer is of the chain with the golden links (in your pic) ?!

G.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:46 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:55 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:07 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I have used such "golden" linked chains very long time, DID is manuafacturer. :smoke:

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:11 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:04 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:42 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

4 valve info,can't say if its relevant

a little more

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:51 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1994
I modded the X-over section of my 900SS some 14 years or so ago, the same as this one -

I can't honestly say if it made any difference but I did subsequently read from a well known tuner, Doug Lofgren possibly, that there was little point in this mod because by far the biggest restriction was the inlet ports, which have a very poor shape.

1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:24 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Jon, your first pic isunavailable. Maybe it was something like this?

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:29 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I think the general consensus is it has some advantage on carbed engines not so much with injected without a lot of additional work

88 750
90 906
92 907ie