[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - The story so far
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The story so far
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:13 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
all grounds need to be bare metal, no paint, no rust bare metal new,old, bare metal and sealed after, silicone, paint anything to keep the moisture at bay :thumbup: Bare metal to the frame or engine...engine assumes you have a good ground to the frame somewhere and to the battery negative terminal, frame and engine

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:24 am 

year: 1989
New digiplex. :thumbup:

Bike is running very well now.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:47 pm 

Stripped bike down today and got busy with a few tasks still on the list.

Changed out coolant for Evans waterless coolant (works well) and will ditch overflow tank once I'm positive I don't need it anymore.
Replaced oil pressure switch with one from a TDi Disco. (Thanks Derek)
Replaced clutch and rear brake lines with braided lines. I was also going to do the front brake lines but the set I bought came from a 750 Paso and are too long for the 906 as they foul on the radiator.
I took the clutch cover off to inspect the bearing on the slave cylinder. I had replaced the original with one from a 900SS and used a rollerskate wheel bearing with modified mushroom pin. After 7500km's it looks like it did the day I put it in and spins freely...works a treat :thumbup:

Then I took it out the front and degreased the f#<k out of it and gave it a good bath while the fairings were removed. This is the cleanest it's ever been so I thought I'd better take a snap of it coz I don't think it'll ever be this clean again :mrgreen:

A couple of things still left on the wish list like floating discs but basically finished now.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:30 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
one must love your all red wiring :)
Do invest $30 in crimping pliers for non insulated terminals and some heat shrinking tube. Those plastic insulated terminals are usually only squashed and if you wiggle a wire it will come loose which also indicates the quality of the electrical connection ;)

If you think you`re done you can start replacing rusty bolts, polish the instrument cluster cover...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:41 am 

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:17 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

... and I thought you might be colour blind :-P
What do you want to solder ?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:59 am 

The relay on the right of the bike has its wires soldered to the spade fittings but I used all my solder on them :( so the one on the left has its fittings crimped. I was going to drip some solder down the neck of the spade fittings that are crimped so as to make sure they don't come loose. I'll do that before I add some heat shrink tubing. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:04 am 

...went for a thrash to show it off while it's clean! :mrgreen:

At the local garden centre....

It's running real good and sounds awesome with the Cobra F1's...beer time :beer:

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:12 pm 

Very shiny well done. However, the 3 little girls in the picture were clearly unimpressed :)

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:20 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Upload some of those scenic poses for next years calender
:beer: :beer:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:51 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 am 

model: other
year: 1988

Attachments:
1511419.jpg
1511419.jpg [ 67.79 KiB | Viewed 7517 times ]

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:15 am 

New seat :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:36 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

looking good. Now you`re only missing the side reflectors to put on those small plates hanging from the rear inner fender.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:59 am 

New brakes from metalgear (eBay) Went with stainless steel rotors as the rusty look wasn't working for me! Also got a set of sintered pads so now stopping in the rain won't be such a hit n miss affair. The quality is very good. The discs are nice and fat and heavy and not warped, which is always a good thing :D

Also replaced the rear sprocket with 41 tooth from 40 tooth while wheel was off. This was meant to be done 8000kms ago when I did front sprocket and chain, but they sent the wrong sprocket. The rear wasn't that bad anyway.

Finally got the lower legs of the front brake lines in braided hose. I had bought a set from a 750 but the lower legs are longer than the 906 as it doesn't have a radiator to get in the way. Got some shorter ones made from the next suburb and hooked them up.

Made a garage stand from some timber I had lying around so I could get the front wheel off the ground. It's a couple of mm's lower in height than the underside of the frame when on rear paddock stand. When I lower the paddock stand the bike pivots on the stand and the front comes up. Works mint and cost nothing except for a few screws :thumbup: it's all screwed together and is pretty solid.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next