[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Morning all!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Morning all!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:51 pm 
Hi folk's.
Any chance of some help?
A friend of mine has bought himself something that seems to be mostly Paso, and i am going to have to do most of the work :shock:

I need to start with the shocks.
Any idea as to the amount of oil, weight of oil, air pressure?
Any tips?
By the way, this is the beast...........

That's me busy for winter then!

Post subject: Re: Morning all!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:55 am 
Well, thanks for all the help folks.
It's been, erm, great!
:banghead:
I'll be sure to recommend you to all my friends.....
:rimshot:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:37 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
be sure to be unpatient and don`t consider any time difference as there`re members from Europe, Australia, US etc. or that some guys are actually working most of the time...

But the answer is easy. There`s no oil in the shock. Info about shock air/gas pressure can be found via search function.
If with "shocks" you mean also the fork download the service manual of the M1R and the one of the bike from the thread on top of the forum first. There`s no air pressure in the fork.

G.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:43 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

btw, looks very ugly bike! :mad:

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:08 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Remember this is a site for a specific bike and the folks are enjoying the summer break around the world hopefully??

Patience is a virtue on this site as apart from a few regular members who keep popping in you will find that any new threads are there to find info like yours so folk tend to drop in when they have a problem.

I think it is a British bike (car plate and the tax disc looks that way) if you want an instant message try the Ducati Up North site or the Desmo Site as these have a few Paso owners/former owners on there that may give you your instant answers and gratification.

The other method is to try the search button and the owners manual section there is loads of great and relevant info.

Good Luck and don't get too down hearted but be warned if ain't original most folk on here will cringe at the bikes present condition. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:49 pm 
Apologies for my impatience.
I am obviously used to more heavily populated forums.

And yes, i think it's ugly too!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:42 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

As You maybe know, only few Pasos have come out from Factory compared to Monters, STs, Hypersports, Supersport, so there is still about 50% of Pasos still in street use, so they are already very rare bikes compared to other Ducati modells, so with these machines You have to be patient all ways.....

But, iF U need exact "knowing" about Pasos, then this is best and near only good forum for these bikes... And U will find, what you need to know, if U have more time... :thumbup:

Paso 907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:50 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1988
:thumbup:

Antti, if I may be permitted to improve your wonderful English just a little more, for "knowing" we say 'knowledge'.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:29 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks! Ill try to remember..... :lol:

Paso 907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:35 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:51 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1988
And remember, there's NO air pressure in the forks! Ignore the air fittings on top. Luigi just designed them in to confuse you....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:40 pm 

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989
There's a beast in there alright. I think it was the previous owner.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:51 pm 
Thank you all!
If i meet that that Luigi he will get "what for" from me, those valves! is that a trick?? :!:

And Antti, I have some good friends from your country, so "knowing" i understand.
:thumbup:
Thank you all once more. I will be back!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:52 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

although I belong to the guys that don`t like Paso streetfighters or other bad conversions I have to admit I don`t mind this one (a Paso based jap bike hybrid riding machine). Maybe it`s because there was so much done that it`s hardly recognizable as a Paso. And whoever did this at least took the time to cut off the lower edge of the tank which is often not done and therefore looks really bad.
It`s still not nice, but ok ...

G.