[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Help with Swingarm Assembly
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Help with Swingarm Assembly
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:23 pm 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1986
The BFH & BFS have been used to perform many delicate operations in my workshop,quite often in conjunction with each other !.I have found that used with moderate doses of cursing they are sometimes the only tools capable of solving the problem at hand.And if by chance the part being massaged should shatter or behave in some other totally unexpected way that defies all of the laws pertaining to physics then owing to their larger than needed size they are easily located by dividing the dent in the opposing wall of the workshops diameter by the distance covered and subtracting from this the force with which they were thrown multiplied by the price of the replacement part.This will give you an approximate distance in meters from the point of origin but does not take into account any deflection that may be caused by the gravitational pull of any expensive or delicate nearby machinery which is directly proportional to its replacment price.
Did that make it any clearer Antti ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Merry Christmas and a happy new year all Jay.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:45 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Yes, it made ... I leave very soon this forum(if things are going to wrong direction!), as i dont want to listen "bullshit" at all.... I start to be lurker only...maybe its good to everybody...

Seems, that European guys are thinking little another way, as some "others"...

Anyway You ALL choose direction, where these Paso sites want to go, so we shall see....

I could tell much more, but sometimes its better to keep mouth shut....

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:26 pm 

Antti, I am very sorry if I have offended you in any way,that was certainly not my intention,you have taken it totally the wrong way.I value the advise and knowledge of all the people on this forum and was only participating in what I saw as some light hearted fun.If there was some underlying ill feeling between you and other forum members I was unaware of it.You must remember that this is an international forum and that different nationalities have different ways of expressing themselves.What you find offensive may only be what others view as a joke.I'm sure nobody has intentionally said anything to try and upset you.Lighten up and merry christmas to you.
Regards Jay.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:16 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
Probably no problemos, just explain >>BFH & BFS << f me also, jay.

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:33 pm 

91 907IE - full restoration
91 907IE Red, Wilbers, Staintune Conti, Corbin,
MPL Slipper,Ceramic exhaust

Lambretta LI150 S3
87 928S4

http://www.paolopirozzi.com/it/ - around the world on a Multistrada

907, its not a bike , its a cult

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:29 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
that`s a standard Marzocchi unit with a Hyperpro spring to match the ones in the fork. Didn`t have the chance to ride it yet.

G.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:57 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Antti , I dont want to cause offence either,but Im not sure what your getting shitty about ( dare I say you didnt make that clear) but I suspect its because some of us have been having humourus jibe's at each other , rather than sticking to paso issues , and while I dont put on a 3 piece siut to address this forum I will admit that its main purpose here is to help others with technical issues , but I think there should still be room for a little piss taking . Maybe we need an " off topic " forum .but anyhow Antti ,I can take it as well as I give it so if you have some humourus piss take on Kiwi's , or even me in particular Id love to hear it. And b4 ( before ) you throw your toys out of the cot , pack a shitty,loose your rag or kick the cat , are you sure you haven't mis-interpreted us /me , Antti ,buddy ,I have to read your post 2 or 3 times and I'm still not sure what you mean ( in this instance , not always )And with our own politic's ,religion,geography and customs..... we do think differently . Mugabe , Bin laden ,the Queen ,Obama , melosivich , ghandi ( I could go on ) these guys didnt all go to the same school ya know .
Aw shit!! , a whole nother page not about paso's sorry m8 ( mate )
reguards
Hamish

ps anti , in english means against or opposing ( what were your parents thinking ! :P )

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:34 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
tool off you go and you`re doing it again. You`re right that humor and word selection are different all around the world. You proved that. Irony and sarcasm as to what we refer here to as "english humor" is obviously taken to another level down under. If that is pointed in one direction and the language barrier adds up to it it could be understood as personal offense I guess and as you write so flowery you`re well aware of that. I`ll cut my analysis here.

Uh, uh, uh, there actually is an offtopic forum so let`s stop to hijack gumbotz thread and swap there if you wish.

Merry christmas to all and now go hug yourselfs ...

G.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:52 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992
Really, I still have many problems to understand the normal speech, so I have to admit I have huge problems to understand the humourous dialectic from someone.
So, I try to avoid any possible contrast, above all when I don't fully understand the meaning of that it's speaking about.
I do wish nobody go out from the forum, above all Antti who is one of most qualified person on Paso and a great pal.
And, I hope everybody avoid any humourous speech against every forum's member.
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:24 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Gumbotz : sorry for hijacking your thread
Paso 750 : your right
Antti :Please dont leave this forum .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:20 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I send just mail to Frankie to "explane things", so he can copy/paste my mail to here(if he wants)...

Honestly i DONT want to discuss with such persons, who use those "shortened things" here, as here are many persons from such areas(like from eastern Europe), who cant understand such laguage at all. I want to help especially them, as they need help mostly to keep Paso's in road without wreck them....

For me, seems, that we have to make new topic about this thing for discussion; Is this website designed for "some area peopple"(who use such language that others cant understand it at all)., or are these sites for ALL Paso owners, like i taught????

I dont want to make any "war" here , but i want to see these websites going to BETTER DIRECTION, as seems, that thigs start to slip.... TOO MUCH!

If things DONT go to better direction very soon with this thing, then i am totally ready to leave these sites.... and i am staying 100% in what i have sayed...

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Antti ,I have apollogised to you on this forum , for any offence I may have caused you . The abbreviations were explained to you at an early stage but , it seems to me that you are still saying that if we dont all do what you want , then you are going to leave this site.Is there a Finnish paso web site ?If not now is your chance to do things your way .I understand that such common abbreviations such as BFH , BFS, IMHO ( for example ) would mean nothing to someone who does not use english as a first language , but this an english speaking website and there are bound to be frustrations for such people ( obviously ).Out of respect for you ( and other non english first language people)I will try not to use abbreviations here
Reguards
Hamish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:48 pm 

Hi Hamish,

Have been reading the recent posts and see that we have a misunderstanding caused by the difficulty with English. Native English speakers have a depth of understanding about the language that can not be explained formally (like via a dictionary or text book) but is learned through many, many years of exposure and use. So, we can understand the humor, double meanings, pathos, innuendo; well, the list just goes on and on.
However, for everyone else it just does not make any sense, hence Antti’s frustration. I worked in Finland for a couple of years and found the people helpful, considerate, a bit cautious until they got to know you and a great sense of humor; a bit like New Zealanders!

Cheers, everyone.

Fraser.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:48 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

So,
is anyone going to explain BFH & BFS or what?

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:47 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

BFH........big -ucking hammer , as opposed to a FBH ...-ucking big hammer ,which is actually a VERY BIG hammer where as a BFH is just an ordinary big hammer , possibly being used in anger and or on something your not supposed to use a hammer on
BFS........big -ucking screwdriver