[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Cam Timing
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cam Timing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:07 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
nice pictures, thx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:40 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1988
Very nice pics and write up. I'll add it to the FAQ's for each froum tonight.

Is there and optimum setting OTHER than the factory setting that we should shoot for??? Something advanced??

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:08 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Any info on adjustable pulley and where they can be found?

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:16 am 

year: 1989
I looked into getting a set from Vee Two but they are not making anymore parts for ducati's. :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:58 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Hmmm, Perhaps another tech faq. How to make your pulleys adjustable :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the ever growing Weber.Doc :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 am 

model: 750 Sport
I did some searching on the web,

This is what I found for adjustable cam pulleys. I do not know much about this company.
The price looks good and they offer both lightened alloy and aluminum pulleys.

Anyone have any more info on these folks?

http://www.corsemeccanica.com/ducati_timing_pulleys.htm

Thanks

Joe

My Ducati Blog site
http://projectducati.blogspot.com/

Stupidity is not a crime, your are free to go ;-)

Post subject: Cost & difficulty of getting tools for cam timing suggestion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:55 pm 

Would these tools just suit the 906 or would they work for any Ducati?

1. For me and maybe others my knowledge is not enough to be confident to get the right tools sorted for this job...

...but If I could contribute to costs I would be happy to go in a pool with others and wait my turn. Imagine 10 people in a pool $150 each, would that cover costs Or, pay to lend tools for a month.

3. Or a post which summarises the tools and where to get them.

Also while the instructions in this thread so far look very good, I would need even clearer instructions to be confident to do the job. ie some background explanation and how to use adjustable cam pulleys, importance of secondary questions like cam belts and shims etc.

I'd be keen to do it and maybe others are like me.

Last edited by romus on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:03 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Warwick,

The tools are not all that expensive and they will fit any modern (pantah and later) duc. I can work on instructions as I have done it before (long time ago) and borowed the tools. It's not a hard or difficult job, just tedious. Finding the pulleys or offset keyes can be tricky so having them on hand when you do the work will allow you to button it up right away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 am 

Just ordered a set of adjustable pulleys from VeeTwo. They are selling the last of their stock on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Vee-Two-adjustab ... 48398f40b9
They have 7 left in stock if anyone is interested. This will make adjusting the timing heaps easier. :choo: :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:41 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:05 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:31 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
you may also need the tools to remove/mount the cambelt pulley (like these 310200801509) or you do it by yourself

As I`ve learned, other than on a 750 you don`t have to change belt or lower pulleys which makes it a little easier.

G.

PS: degree wheel http://www.bevelheaven.com/downloads/Un ... ngDisc.bmp

The VeeTwo cams are relatively cheap. Ca. €250 incl. shipping. That`s about half the price than what I know aftermarket cams usually cost.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:28 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport
I just talked with Nichols Mfg. who also does service on Ducatis. I'm bringing in my ST4s for service and he offered a new service of installing their new adjustable pulleys and doing a valve timing adjustment. Since I'm doing belts and valve adjustment already the cost is pretty low. I'll let you know how it works out.

their pulleys are for 1999 or newer. I don't know if they will make pulleys for the older models. I'll ask when I take the bike in.

Cheers,

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:12 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:17 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next