[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Cam Timing
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cam Timing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:47 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport
year: 1990
In talking with the folks at Nichols, since he has started doing this service, he hasn't found a bike that did not benefit. Some timing was off by up to 8 degrees. I don't know how this can happen with the design, but I guess it can. If this is true with newer bikes, I can only imagine how the older bikes are.

There was a good write up on the affects of cam timing, or as they say, degreeing the cams.
It was at Moto One, in Australia, but the link no longer works. I guess they are gone, and so is all of their data and website. shame.

Cheers,

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:43 am 

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post subject: adjustable pulleys
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:25 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:31 am 

Post subject: Re: adjustable pulleys
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:16 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:06 am 

Post subject: Re: adjustable pulleys
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:27 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:42 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Ken , thankyou very much , I also had an idea that I might get a set of heads " done " to go with a set of 95 mm pistons and a set of fcr's I'm still working on but as I say I couldnt contact them
thanks
Hamish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:36 am 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:06 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:16 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Ok, Kens excellent file is now ready for download (it can be found via my downloads thread, it`s not on the sites downloads yet). Here the direct link.

G.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Will also be available from my site shortly

higgy

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport
Outstanding file. Very nicely done.
Add to the list of potential solutions is the Nichols pulleys, that have 4 different keyways cut into them. That and some offset keys and its a $150 solution.

I had the cam timing done on my ST4s, and it improved the mid range nicely. Now on to the 750 and 900 motor.

Cheers,

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:25 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
just saw this on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.de/DUCATI-BEVEL-BELT-DR ... 19bb6d6a64

Post subject: My Cam Timing
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:27 am 

My settings were:
Vertical cam:
Inlet Opening BTDC 13.5; Inlet Closing ABDC 59; Inlet Duration 252.5; Inlet Centreline 112.7
Horizontal cam:
Inlet Opening BTDC 25; Inlet Closing ABDC 66.5; Inlet Duration 271.5; Inlet Centreline 110.7

Adjusted as close to the 106 centreline preferred settings as I could get:
Vertical cam:
Inlet Opening BTDC 29.25; Inlet Closing ABDC 62; Inlet Duration 271.5; Inlet Centreline 106.36
Horizontal cam:
Inlet Opening BTDC 30; Inlet Closing ABDC 62.5; Inlet Duration 272.5; Inlet Centreline 106.2

It seems my Horizontal cylinder Inlet Centreline was at the Ducati factory specs of 110 degrees, though the vertical was a couple of degrees out. So, I have adjusted both cylinders, as close as I could get, to the Bikeboy 106 recommendation as per Ken's Cam Timing document.

Results:
Starts straight away - the reluctance to start that I had is gone :) . I have ridden the bike on local roads, motorway and open road and am convinced the 106 cam timing is far better. The power is lower down - more accessible for normal driving. I like it since I have to contend with traffic lights and mostly drive under 100kph :). On the open road I can do 150kph in 4th with power to go, so no problem as far as i will ride it.

No noticeable difference to air fuel mixture (AFM) on the rear, but the front, which was 2 degrees retarded needed jetting back in line with the front cylinder.

Thanks Ken for the superb Paso Cam Timing document and the other help given. I am a newbie, so if I can follow this I figure anyone can. :D :beer:

Last edited by romus on Mon May 31, 2010 11:52 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next