[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Blown Paso
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Blown Paso
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:13 am 

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989
This is a little project that has developed into a rather large project that I started during the winter months. I had it running today so I thought I might share it with anyone interested. The supercharger is an Aisin AMR500. Paso Supercharger 010.jpg [129.39 KiB]
Downloaded 948 times
Paso Supercharger 011.jpg [130.08 KiB]
Downloaded 948 times
Paso Supercharger 012.jpg [132.41 KiB]
Downloaded 948 times

Post subject: Re: Blown Paso
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Wow, I`m speechless. Never seen anything like that on a Paso :) :thumbup:
More photos, more infos ... :!:
(That tube on the right makes me wonder if the fairing still fits).

G.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1990
Nice kept the Weber :beer: :beer: :beer:
Does the tank still fit :?:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:09 pm 

The hose you're refering to G doesn't stick out any further than the original cooling hose, well maybe a few mm, but the fairing still fits on. Yes Higgy, the tank still fits over the weber. If I take the horns and spacer off there is about 85 mm between the top of the carby and the underside of the tank. The next part of the job is to make up a new air box and filter arrangement. I wanted to keep the weber because I've worked on it so much over the last couple of years I feel I know it inside and out so to speak. I'll post some more pics/info up tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

How much boost does it produce, did you have to reduce the compression and what octane gasoline do you have to use ? I`m looking forward to see it run and curious about how the complete lower end will keep up.
An inspiring project.

G.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:50 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1988
Such pics are your XMAS gift for us! :mrgreen: :lol: :evil: A dream to play with!
:truck:

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:44 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

you could make something out of pvc./abs to fit under the tank and out the sidevents of the fairing I reckon :idea:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:09 am 

Attachments:
Paso Supercharger 015a.jpg [108.01 KiB]
Downloaded 866 times
Paso Supercharger 007a.jpg [114.37 KiB]
Downloaded 866 times
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

maybe this is of interest
http://www.bikeboy.org/ducati2vignition.html
You`ll probably need colder spark plugs, too.
Fingers crossed the crankshaft bearings are still good and there`s no unbalance. The additional boost will put more stress on all parts.

G.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:45 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1988
You have Marelli Digiplex sistem?
The ignition module can be reprogrammed and you can find themaps of many other cars using the same. Your best trouble will be identify wich kind of processor it has.
If I can remember, some of them have double sensor, before and after supercharger.

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 am 

model: 907 I.E.
One option (cheap and easy) is to remove the Digiplex system and replace it with the one fitted on the SS900/M900 "carburators" (2 pickups and two modules) BUT instead of fitting the Kokusan modules you just use an Ignitech programmable ecu type SPARKER TCIP4.

The Ignitech SPARKER TCIP4 is cheap (150$) and has all the options you need for your project; when you order it you just need to specify that is for a DUCATI and they will provide all the necessary connectors.

There is a "full version" that will allow extra features and being fully programmable you will be in position to change the advance for each range of RPM.

I think you could even add a TPS.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:12 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992
I would'nt to be the same old wet blanket...
Sure, it's a very exciting project but... I never would make a such thing on a such nice oldtimer.
So as I can't stand the oldtimers' races.
However, I'm curious about that challenge.
Good luck :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:50 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992
I'm speechless as well...that is an awsome bit of engineering you have going there, and neat too...
you must have a lot of time on your hands, keep up the good work :thumbup: :beer:

ps:a bit too much oil in the sump :)

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:49 pm