[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - First post and an ignition problem!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: First post and an ignition problem!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:03 pm 

model: 900 SS
year: 1990
Firstly hello good to be here and was recommended to try here for an answer, my 1990 900ss has the same ignition as a Paso, here's the problem, all packed to go to the TT and suddenly massive problem, the rear cylinder has stopped sparking at 3700rpm, changed coil leads and same problem still on the REAR cylinder, all leads cables ect are good but as soon as 3700 the rear cylinder plug just stops spark, pickup is working as its a single one so I assume my DIGIPLEX2 is at fault, have I missed anythiing obvious, and if I fit a Paso 750 digiplex will it work ok, sorry to just bounce on with questions but I am desperate to get her running again

Post subject: Re: First post and an ignition problem!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:31 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
Not a blocked main jet on that cylinder ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:10 am 

No mate the rear plug actually just stops sparking, as I say swapped coils and plug etc and fault remains the same

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:07 pm 

Fitted another ecu, sorted :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:30 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

unlikely the ecm was the issue :banghead:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:32 am 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:43 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

electronic control module?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:45 pm 

year: 1988
Is anyone aware of a replacement for the Marelli unit on the 906?
A question asked on here earlier was whether the 750 unit was the same. Does anyone know?
One of my 906's seems to have fried the ecu after connecting up the battery the wrong way round (long story!) and I am looking for a solution as the original units are like hens teeth.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:38 pm 

In answer to my earlier query, I have found more references to this issue on the forum, so am looking at the Dutch option of an exchange unit via carmo.
If anyone has experience of the results I'd be interested to hear.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:46 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Are you aware that the first Fiat Uno coils are similar to those used on a 906 and 750?

This is stated in the 906 FAQ I have not used it myself

Here is one on ebay..........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VE520039-Dry ... SwBt5ZNeZ7

Which means you might find a similar electrical unit used elsewhere in the early Italian vehicles of various types ???

I think you might find there is an early Fiat car that may use a similar Electronic igniter ( there isn't actually an ECU on the 906)

Here is an example of what I mean but you'll need to find one suitable for your 906.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CENTRALINA-D ... :rk:3:pf:0

Also you might want to contact this company

https://www.silent-hektik.de/Duc_Digi.htm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:43 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1994
I'm surprised that none of you guys with a 750 or a 906 have fitted an Ignitech ignition system yet. They are being extensively used among 750/900SS owners to replace the Kokusan units. It's certainly something I would consider.

1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:22 pm 

Derek.

Thanks for that, but the Kokusan replacement stuff is not compatible with the DigiPlex box, so can't really be used on the 906.
That came from the manufacturer in the last few days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:50 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:48 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1994

1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland