[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Hi, new to forum so thought I'd post a photo.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi, new to forum so thought I'd post a photo.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:44 pm 

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989
Hi all,
I've been looking at this forum for a while, so I thought I'd give it a go and join.
I've got a long-standing project bike (love/hate affair) it's a Spondon framed Ducati 906 paso.
I'll post a pic, so it will give everyone an idea of what I'm working towards and hopefully I can get some helpful tips and hints from everyone on the forum.

Attachments:
ducspon.jpg
ducspon.jpg [ 184.39 KiB | Viewed 12182 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Hi, new to forum so thought I'd post a photo.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:09 am 

I've heard about this build some time ago. I'm jealous. Are you local to Spondon? I've had some work done for my Paso by them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:34 pm 

Hi, I'm not local to Spondon as I'm from the Liverpool area & this probably isn't the bike you think it is but I could be wrong? I've owned it for 11yrs or so & it was bought through Sports Motorcycles Racing Ltd from Steve, this is the one bike I won't part with. I should have it up and running after the new year after a suspension rebuild from Kais, new supercorsa tires, then back to G.I.A Engineering Nottingham, then a full rewire..... What did you get done by Spondon, I'd like to see if you've any pics?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:53 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
what`s the philosophy behind Spondon?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:37 am 

I have had floating front discs and sliding adjusters for the swingarm made. Will post some pics or redirect you to the relevant ducatipaso.org page. The point of Spondon used to be racing frames when the mfr's were not much good. They are doing a lot of work for the 'New' Norton now but still make custom frames etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:48 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:54 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:23 pm 

Here is a the Spondon Ducati I was thinking of. This machine is owned by a rider from Hampshire but I expect the frame spec is the same as yours. I don't know what Ducati engine is in this one. I notice you have yet to add a radiator to your Paso, that will give you a chance to connect the thermostatic valve correctly vs Ducati's attempt.

Attachments:
Spondon%20Pantah_zpsmffvopol.jpg
Spondon%20Pantah_zpsmffvopol.jpg [ 334.11 KiB | Viewed 11187 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:28 pm 

Here are a few images. You can see the discs' and the sliding adjusters (which are a bone of contention among other Paso owners)

Attachments:
SPonright.jpg
SPonright.jpg [ 23.55 KiB | Viewed 11187 times ]
Oldpaint.jpg
Oldpaint.jpg [ 62.99 KiB | Viewed 11187 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:09 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:15 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:56 pm 

The Spondon floaters are a huge improvement over the standard cast-iron rotor braking which couldn't be much worse. How this bike got through TUV testing etc with that set up is beyond me. You might have some trouble setting up the radiator - thermostatic valve etc since the hose routing is far from ideal. These images show what I've done vs the standard set up. Blue is cold/cool water, Red is hot and Green is reheat for cold start-up. The problem is that Ducati are switching the thermostat with water cooled from the radiator. I noticed my 906 ran hot so purchased an Aprilia thermostat rated at 75C and when I removed all the hosing and inspected the Ducati thermostat it too was rated at 75C. I racked my brains for ages trying to think of an alternate method and settled on dropping all hoses underneath the frame and reconnecting there. Sorry about all the copper connectors, one day I'll send it all to Samco. There's no shame beneath a full fairing. The routing I have employed runs the water backwards thru the radiator but finally has stopped the over-heating. The 906 coolant hosing is the same on the 851 and they have made the same mistake. You buy a new bike that runs hot and is prone to over-heating. It's quite a blunder.

Attachments:
LSide_zpsqkhocxoe.jpg
LSide_zpsqkhocxoe.jpg [ 363.74 KiB | Viewed 11187 times ]
United%20cooling_zps0gqrswon.jpg
United%20cooling_zps0gqrswon.jpg [ 205.92 KiB | Viewed 11187 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:18 pm 

Bloody hell, it looks really busy under the paso fairings, I'm going to need my hoses changing too, I might just by the silicone hoses individually of eBay, not sure yet??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:04 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
really interesting post this look forward to seeing this around the North West roads this spring/summer ?

Before you go mad on ebay for hoses I found this site, not used them yet but looks reasonably priced.

https://www.viperperformance.co.uk/subcats.php?xctId=36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:19 pm 

I've just dropped my suspension off at Kais, getting chrom & anodising redone and rebuild, £800 and may cost more if the internals need anything, so I'm crossing my fingers they don't :-/

Attachments:
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 34.11 KiB | Viewed 11918 times ]

Last edited by Spondon906 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.