[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Did you ride today? Show me!
It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Did you ride today? Show me!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:59 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Got both wheels on, thought they would need a bit of a scrub in. Went out to the local bird park. B1 spat and complained like an angry ex spouse below 3000rpm, but once above that on the open road, everything came together nicely. Never thought a new set of tyres would make such a difference. Once all the sticky crap was gone, those tyres were something else.

Next on the list. Well, the Vertical cylinder is a bit short on compression, which is probably the reason for it spitting and backfiring when really warm. A set of barrels, pistons, rings and gudgons are on the way.

Oh, the dry season has finally started around here. More sun than you can get, and the pretty girls are hitting the beach.

Take it easy out there.

Cheers.

Nick.

Attachments:
Ducati 907 El2.jpg
Ducati 907 El2.jpg [ 136.72 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:52 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:01 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:24 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

BMW has one that fits for about half the price of the Ducati filter. #13 32 1 461 265
Also a good idea to change the fuel lines while you are at it and run some seafoam or other cleaning agent through the pump and tank lines. The original lines deteriorate and leave pepper like looking rubber everywhere which could be a problem if it gets into the injectors.

If it does get into the injectors you can back flush them to clean them out
Let me know if you need details on how to clean them :thumbup:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:52 am 

Enjoying a bit of winter sun down the Great Ocean Rd on Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 am 

year: 1991
Not today but rather the start of June is an annual winter rally held down in Central Otago - near where the coldest temp ever recorded in NZ was.
Anyway, this is my recently purchased 907 at the top of Danseys Pass for the photo stop and a shot of something warming.
The dirt road was all good till the Monster got a rock through the tyre and had to wobble the last couple of kms into the little town where we left it, rode to Alexandra got another tyre rode back and changed it.

1958 Cadillac 6239EDX
1991 Ducati 907
1998 Ducati 916
thats all of interest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 am 

Germany, beginning of June, 4 days riding, 3 days rain and hail, between 3 and 7 degrees Celcius. High water alarm at the river Moesel.

Attachments:
File comment: In all her beauty . . . and the butt of the GS driver :-/
7WHG8pQq72LMg2ZbwyJMLMwLWKuperzSjJT6n4gUSYY.jpg
7WHG8pQq72LMg2ZbwyJMLMwLWKuperzSjJT6n4gUSYY.jpg [ 140.43 KiB | Viewed 6077 times ]
File comment: Pinkelpause. . . . short stop for draining some water on the side of the road . . .
Zs2ZHxq4UzGYwyV7gfC0FOmXWRDxgRWy9Y7IPV4gXCU,C8VlZ7kMpqJ3OlK-HZKipBj5xBifuHZ80XVT_9r7wdA.jpg
Zs2ZHxq4UzGYwyV7gfC0FOmXWRDxgRWy9Y7IPV4gXCU,C8VlZ7kMpqJ3OlK-HZKipBj5xBifuHZ80XVT_9r7wdA.jpg [ 138.38 KiB | Viewed 6078 times ]
File comment: Last day with sun, between Bitburg Germany and Malmedy Belgium
d-G82ydOdqQsRhg2nToWE_-0ZYPFF5KTqK8226xloE4,QdKSvUlqOVuKsm82oh4v1wMxdC-a5TSEFKs5t8Sp40g.jpg
d-G82ydOdqQsRhg2nToWE_-0ZYPFF5KTqK8226xloE4,QdKSvUlqOVuKsm82oh4v1wMxdC-a5TSEFKs5t8Sp40g.jpg [ 130.93 KiB | Viewed 6078 times ]

Proud owner of a;
- Ducati 907 ie 1992 in red
- Ducati 900 SSC Imola 1997 in red
- aprilia RST Mille Futura 2001 in infinity blue
- Alfa Romeo 159 SW 2007 in Grigrio Stromboli

Last edited by Ducolaf on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:13 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Finally took some pictures during a ride. most of the time I just forget to take pictures when I'm riding. 130729 Paso Schipbeek.jpg
130729 Paso Schipbeek.jpg [ 72.5 KiB | Viewed 6040 times ]
130729_4 Paso Schipbeek.jpg
130729_4 Paso Schipbeek.jpg [ 72.5 KiB | Viewed 6040 times ]

Here's some evidence of the nice Dutch scenery.

Bertus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:29 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

nice cans on your machine Bertus...but you have two photos of the same thing :dunno:
why dont you stick your 907 in front of one of those Dutch windmills :thumbup:

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:29 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Hi Claude,

yes, 2 pictures of the same place. one for detailing the bike and the other for scenery.
Windmill?? yes, I can do that.

the cans are a kind of Conti thing. although they are completely open, they are not too loud due to the protruding perforation of the inner tube. just a healthy bark, she produces.

Bertus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:06 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
let`s go full cliché. There should be some tulips on the picture as well :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

anyone wants to see a pair of wooden clogs too? :lol:
the mill and clogs are easy. tulips will be next year :oops:

Bertus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:55 am 

year: 1989
....yeah, I rode today.....

got REAL GOOD mileage on the way home....... :banghead:

I think I might bring the wiring upgrade forward. This is doin my head in....

Hey Higgy, how's this one for the calendar? " The 906 experience ". :wacko:

Check out what a little rain does on those iron rotors! I'd only used the brakes 3 hrs earlier!
(As I was pulling up after it died :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Been there done that more than once Miss December ?

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next