[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Additional Handlebar switch
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Additional Handlebar switch
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:13 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:31 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:35 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

Post subject: Headlamp switch
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:57 pm 

year: 1991
I was thinking of running three modes: daytime with one low beam, nighttime with two low beams, and nighttime with two high beams. I was going to run three relays, one for each low beam. The daytime setting would run one wire from the low beam switch to one low beam relay, the nighttime setting would run a second wire from the low beam switch to the headlamp switch that the Euro models have. I am doing power measurements to see if the altenator can support the extra light tonight, I will post my results later :thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:01 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I tested it already by driving with 2 X H4 about one hour / 60kms and stopped to fueling bike: After that it didnt have power anymore to start engine, but there was one honda guy, who pushed me :funny: :funny: and with jump start i managed start her again.... :laugh: After driving back to home with parking lights only, battery was charged enough to function very well again! ..i have tested and 907 charching system cant handle long time 2 X H4 bulbs... :evil: Surely U can make Your own tests. :thumbup: Btw, my battery was new one and charching voltage was just right and i have also best Electrex regulator, what function also very well... Btw, i am electrician, what helps alot with playing with Ducatis. :D

Paso 907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:29 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992
So Antti, have you kept the double lamp headlight out (what looks so good) or have you made some electric magic?
I am also thinking to buy a good st4... Any advice?
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:08 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

I add 2 extra relays, one for low beam and one for long beam and surely extra switch to right handlebar in my 907 and i have in both 750 and 907 double headlights. 750 dont need that extra switch, cause enough current from charching system.

About ST4: go direct to ST4S, it is surely best modell in all meanings of that ST series, best suspension, best wheels, carbon fibre parts, very powerfull and "sphisticated"engine. Btw, when i search my ST4S, i look also Italian markets and seems, that there guys connect more those special parts to they bikes, but they are not so good condition bikes, as like in Germany, where they take care of bikes quite well. I bought mine from Dresden/Germany and i find just, what i dreamed. I find that after 1,5 Years searching. I have 2002 modell with gray frame and with older style electrics(NOT CAN bus), cause i can do now MUCH more to electrics with myself. If choose that "CAN newer model", there is not so much, what You can do yourself to electrics... :thumbup:

Paso 907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:55 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

I would like very much a 4 valves Duck, but I'm very struggled because, by now, for my work, I'm already riding my 907 not much.
I've bought my 907 last year, in May, and in this period I have driven less of 2000 km. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
So, I'm seeing for a 888, a ST4 or a monster, but I don't find the courage.
I have to start a new life :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ciao

BMW R Nine t 2019

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:04 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Those 851/888, ST and Monster are all totally different Ducatis, as U know. Its quite easy to find 888, but those later SP modell are hard to find in good shape, or if find, price can be very high. :evil: I bought ST4S, cause i wanted long distance tourer with powerfull engine and enough good suspension, cause i make every summer long 3-4 week journeys to Europe, so Monster cant help me, no either any Supersport/Hypersport and i think ST is much better to me, than MTS. My bikes are all "allround Ducatis", caused by my style of driving. Anyway, if 4V ST, then surely ST4S, not ST4, which have totally different style engine performances... :thumbup: Btw, i drive normally about 15 000-20 000kms/ 7 months with my Ducks... :cool:

Paso 907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:41 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

BMW R Nine t 2019

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:48 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I am wondering now :confused: :confused: U drive about 2000kms in Italian hot very long mc season and i am doing here in cold winterwonderland soooo much more kms :confused: Are You playing all time with girls there???? :evil: SURELY U are! :laugh: But anyway that is not so bad job either! :funny: :funny: :funny:

Paso 907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:04 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

BMW R Nine t 2019

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:11 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Paso 907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:12 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I like very much the UK, their old cabrio (MG, Austin Healey, Triumph) and their bike.

Often I went in UK, last year I've been in Scotland and this year in London.
There I drove in the WRONG side, but after I had some difficulty, like some attempt of head-on collision, I was inured :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
Certainly, when you drive your cabrio don't is funny a thunderstorm :D :D :D :D
But sometimes, it happened to me a thunderstorm when rode the bike with only a t-shirt... :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:
Ciao

BMW R Nine t 2019