[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Chain Replacement ,Rivet Link
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Chain Replacement ,Rivet Link
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:07 am 

Any tips out there in Paso Land on fitting Rivet Link to the 520 chain , Have not got the proper tool to do so, but thought that some guru out there may have the cheap, safe way. If I need to I will be prepared to purchase the right tool if necassary. Thanks Marty

Post subject: Re: Chain Replacement ,Rivet Link
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:24 am 
Hi there

I have the proper tool and it was cheap enough. They come not only with the rivetter, but also punches to remove the existing rivets, thus aiding shortening or removal. It worke by holding one side and applying pressure to the rivet only, thus avoiding damage to any of the surrounding oil seals.

With the damage that can be done, surely it is worth the cost of a tool just for the peace of mind.

Regards

Tigger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:50 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:05 pm 

Hey, thank you, guys ,
Don't wan't to appear to be a cheapskate, but my 105 ft yacht soaks up a lot of money, not to mention the nubile Swedish 18 year old ( female) deckhands.
Think I will invest in a tool....
:P Better Safe than Cheap,
I think I was reverting back to when we had nothing,
and got bashed for using something ,
by our Dad,
now we have everything,
but our Dad.
Regards, ,,,,,,Chainwise,,,,,Marty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:28 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
I have a chain rivetter and it's so-so to use...

you might have to grind off the rivet heads at the mushroom
a high quality tool will push them but you might risk the pins on a cheaper one..

I have reverted to using spring clip "Jesus clip" type joining links
I won't recommend them to all because I am not too demanding on my chain (the odd mono but not too many).
I have used Jesus clip joiners for years and never had a problem.

They're a lot simpler than rivetting and chain / wheel maintenance activities are easier.

Post subject: Re: Late Nights ,Working long hours
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:35 pm 

My old touring pal Laddie, Thought I would be the only clown up at this hour interested in Old Hell Paso's, Apparently not!
Yeah ,my old "everyotherbikeI'vehad" has been subject to clippy slipper chain connecters, not one death incurred in over 30 years of looking at my bikes in the shed. One day I am gunna take these shiny behemoths out and give them what for on our local velodrome. In the meantime i will continue to imbibe in local beverages and dream that we can achieve a legendary rainfall such as yours during this fine summer/autumnal equinox. As your bike leaves the shed of its own accord during the torrential cyclonic induced deluge , can I offer you some small respite and buy any good bits left prior to it entering the stormwater drain? Hurry with the 10 mm spanner and divest the floater of any worthy financial gain, I am particularly interested in the cigarette butt clenched within an entwinement of obselete hoses, and as you won't be needing your greasy white T-shirt I wish to make a firm offer on this piece of legendary textile. Since my mate left me for my wife I need all the kudos I can receive!
Peace ,love ,dove and cosmic reality.

Tour with you later, Marty ................. PS.../ what time is high tide?

Last edited by gail on Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: ODD MONO?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:42 pm 

Forgot to mention, I did a double mono once, (only)
when my 904cc Duckabout went over a small cliff,
God we laughed,
but I will save the gory details for another grey day.

Sincerely,Yours,... in Hospital, ......

Marty

Post subject: Re:Fools Day
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:58 pm 

Is it over yet? Promise to be sensible from now on, honest!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:09 pm 
It is never over with a Paso.

Remember that old Ducatis never die, they just dissolve into a disgusting heap at the first sign of rain. :lol:

Post subject: Re Sense and respectability
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:16 pm 

Righto , the fun is over , love to talk on clutch noise, you know the one, not the rattle, the one where it loads up and growls ,urging you to pull the lever in pronto, before pieces and bits enter the vehicle next to you at the lights, and disfigure the lucious blond lady of your dreams,... scary stuff.... and then it goes away.(The Blonde!)
Started occuring when touring ,loaded up like an Afghan camel, Intermittent now but still prevalent on slight inclines and high rev take offs.
This is serious, believe it or not.
Marty