[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Front indicator/mirror units for the Paso
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Front indicator/mirror units for the Paso
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:14 pm 

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989
Unbelievable but true, an Italian company is making replacement front mirror/indicator units for the Paso series for 36 Euros each!

http://www.far.it

Choose the "Catalistino Generale" window and get to page 51 by triple clicking the Ducati line. The menu is difficult to use - you have to turn the page by clicking the bottom edge of the page to turn over a leaf. I dont know the unit includes the mirror though.

Post subject: Re: Front indicator/mirror units for the Paso
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:59 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Far is the manufacturer of the "Freccia" kind mirror assemblies, sold as Paso spare parts at the Ducati dealers.
Unfortunately, they don't sell directly to the private customers, so they need to be bought by an authorized dealer.
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:03 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Well I have sent them an email asking (pleading) for a price and delivery time and will hold fire with my own fibre glass moulds, as if they are as cheap as that then why bother.

Also if it needs to be a bulk order can we not do a bulk order via this site if there is enough interest?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:33 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:26 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Shall we put Frankie to real work next ? :mrgreen: I know those Italians, surely they sell those mirrors to us, if we make big order.... :smoke:

Paso 907IE -91 red/metal grey
Paso 907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:33 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:03 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I still await a reply although I didn't expect one so close to the weekend please note I have also requested a qoute for a minimum order delivery aswell.

In the U.K my business is VAT registered so if nescessary I shall buy these through my business and sell them accordingly - either way I need the units as my own are missing and the other badly damaged.

This is also discussed in this post - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=992

So they have previously sold to individuals.

Hopefully I will get a reply next week??

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:16 am 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1986
Guys,
When I bought them a few years ago I needed to buy 6, as this made up the minimum order value. All communication was done via email at work, presumably FAR thought they were selling them to a business (not sure why a fire protection company would want indicators). However, it was not a speedy process with many days passing between email responses, but it did happen, just do not be in a hurry.

Fraser.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:39 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

I think, we can make big ordering, because those are very difficult to find anymore for reasonable price. Anyway i am in that "deal", if we managed to get more info. Good point is, that, spare parts are easy to send inside EU markets these days without paying VATs, tolls, etc.... only shipping! And also easy to make payments by bank "EU payment". At least here in Finland no need to pay any coasts of money transfer between EU countries..... :smoke:

Paso 907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:48 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Well if you are happy for me to keep on top of this for you I will see if I can get an order sorted once that's rolling I will then sort out the best way to get items paid and posted.

Next question is how many of you need a set I will when the time is right open a new post/topic for all folk on the Paso site to register their order requirements - if and hopefully we get that far?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:42 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

how many sets? i think, that is only depending of all coasts, not only mirrors.... I am intrested, if price will be "fair". If coats are low, then i take some sets, but if its high, that i am out. All depends of price.... :thumbup: I was thinking about 4 sets. or so....

Paso 907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:18 pm 

Hey guys,
I'm definitely interested. Let me know how much and when.
Thanks
Gary

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:22 pm 

year: 1991
Depending on cost I'd be interested in a pair also. I don't need mirrors but if I had a spare set maybe I wouldn't be so paranoid about the set that's on there now!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:52 pm 

year: 1993
I'd be interested in a pair too!

Sam

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:47 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I have got a reply an it reads as follows

Dear Mr Holland,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

We are sorry but we cannot sell to private directly.

You can contact our dealer in England:

VE UK

Unit 3C,

Sheet Stores Industrial Estate

Off fields Farm Road,

LONG EATON

NOTTS NG10 1AU

UK

Ph ++44-115-9462991

Fax ++44-115-9469292

Email rob@ve-uk.com

Email sales@ve-trade.com

Best regards

FAR Laura export dept.

So the next step is for me to let them know that I wish to purchase a job lot via my business for and on behalf of the Paso owners organisation assuming that I have the authority to state as such - Moderators let me know.

Also I will need to get an order together.

And if this fails than I will approach the shop mentioned with a view to getting a decent price for a job lot

If that fails then its just a case of you all dealing direct with the shop.

WATCH THIS SPACE FOLKS