[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Paso Dual Headlight Conversion
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Paso Dual Headlight Conversion
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Reading all this and thinking about modification of my 907 ie latest model and latest type of engine, would it work and is it worth the hassle?

That is;
a It works great
b It works only with dimlight on
c It works great with 2 dimlight bulbs and 1 high beam
e It works great with 2 dim and 2 high beam
f It works only with 1 dim and 1 high beam
g It works poorly
h It works not at all only makes you work for some evenings in the shed
i WTF about putting Yam... parts on a Ducati, are you insane!

Please help me out!

Also to be found here, as more pics are shared more easily and faces of pasoists and locations are given. . .

Proud owner of a;
- Ducati 907 ie 1992 in red
- Ducati 900 SSC Imola 1997 in red
- aprilia RST Mille Futura 2001 in infinity blue
- Alfa Romeo 159 SW 2007 in Grigrio Stromboli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:05 pm 

year: 1991
:thumbup:
e

84 GPZ 900R
86 GPZ 900R
88 GPZ 900R
888 SP4
907ie Black
907ie Red
907 evo (project)
998 Matrix
998s FE
V50 Monza
MV Agusta 750 Evo2
ZXR750RR-K
ZXR750RR-M

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:54 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

i
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:27 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

j) 1 dim and 2 high beam + relay mod to feed the headlights directly, which avoids voltage drop turning the lights into candle's.
Yam. parts on a Duc? Why not. I'll bet you have a Japanese Yuasa battery as well. beside I'm gonna mount Dyna coil intended for a Harley. I think it'll sound great. :lol:

Bertus.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 pm 

model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:04 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

you see, Things get even worse :mad:
now you don't even recognize them even more.

Bertus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:28 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm 

Thanks for all the comment. Seems that Bertus and I have to make some identical modifications, HD Dyna Coils and dual headlights, or did you finish on this last modification Bertus?
Must be a DDMV (Dutch Ducati Modify Virus) of some sort. . .

Bertus, what part did you use on the headlight modification? The P/N given in the technical discussion seems to be a US P/N from Yamaha.

These part was on sale from the US on Ebay however no sale made and no pics provided by the seller or confirmation of partnumbers;
and

Perhaps some US Paso owners have interest in these, the first has broken glass and mounting lugs so be aware!

I found a headlight brand new for an FZ 750 used from '86 to '91 with partnumer SN 1FN84303-E0. EU continent lighting reflectors. Have to find me some H7 connection plugs and cabling, will be easy at Brezan using my 10% discount Ducati Clubcard. Will this part fitt and function Bertus or others?

However last Friday riding the 907 in the dark the dim and head light was not really worse at all, think the beam is set too high by the previous owner. Like the way the dash is lighted as well in warm red.
Temperature was acceptable riding in textile motor cloathing however the ride was just too short. Perhaps like the night riding better than during the day as everyting is more empty on the street and darkness dos not seem to make you take extra risks you would take during the day.

Just topped her of with 16 ltr of Shell V-power for 30 Euro's driving some 315 km. A nice average use for a 20 year old technology.

Proud owner of a;

Last edited by Ducolaf on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:24 pm 

Starter relay on my Supersport was Japanese too, broke like indeed my Japanese Battery. Have an Italian bike and what gets broken, Japanese parts. . . .

I think there is a secret theory there . . . . . :idea:

"Yapanese suppliers supply poor quality Japanese products to Italian bike manufacturers to promote the quality of Japanese bikes versus Italian bikes. . . by realising more failures due to these inferior products " :mad:

Proud owner of a;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:44 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Olaf,

my starter relay still works, but I saw a relay i couldn't resist.
12 V / 150 Amp for € 20 :lol:
originaly these relays are used for tail gate lift on trucks. bought this in a special offer from a truck part shop in Apeldoorn. as it is a bit larger and heavier new brackets have to be made.

Bertus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Here`s a headlight for $20
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Yamaha-FZ7 ... e3&vxp=mtr

Did you already check voltage on your headlight ? Cleaning the glass lens inside and adding a relay may already make a sufficient improvement.

G.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Paso,
I wouldn't buy that one. seems incomplete to me.
the relay mod is always usefull. I did this also to by pass ignition lock. this gave an increase of 0.4 V when putting the bike on "contact"mode.

how and with which tools/cloth's did you clean the lens?

Bertus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 pm 

Who can confirm me the EU Yamaha partnumber for the dual headlight? The number given in the opening post is Yamaha P/N 1LJ-84303-A0-00. I asume this is from the US market?

The number I am given from a dealer is FZ 750 used from '86 to '91 with partnumer SN 1FN84303-E0. The FZ 750 series 1FN seems to be the first model. I find pics with both single and double headlights however an EU series.
Seems even in Switserland a separate number is used with country specific modifications.

Please help me out. . . .

Proud owner of a;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:23 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
The cheap headlight on ebay seems to miss only the light bulbs and the rubber cover.
This is what I do regarding cleaning:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2723

G.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:35 am 

Dual headlight just purchased for the winter project. . . . ;-)

Things to do in the garage this winter;
- Dyna coils on the SuperSport 900
- Hepco & Becker luggage rack modification for a ST2 to fit the 907
- Dual headlight conversion
- Polishing,
- Washing
- Looking
- 80's and 90's radio station while at work

Proud owner of a;