[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Paso Dual Headlight Conversion
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Paso Dual Headlight Conversion
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
To all of you that have noticed me buying the Yamaha dual headlight last week and are a bit jealous, I have an interesting offer.
The company I have purchased from, has some 15 pcs of these headlights available. As Helge Raddatz broke his finger trying to steel my headlight recently, I will at least arrange one for him.
Are there any other takers for this dual headlight? I will arrange transport and pre-payment. Headlights are new, in original factory packing/cardboard boxes and include 2x a H7 lamp. Please note it is an EU approved (adjustable) headlight.
Please note alse that there is NO facility for a parking light in this headlight and we have to think on a work around. Please PM me and I will see what I can do and if Santa Claus or Sint Niklaas can deliver this for winter projects. ;-)
Will post this also in
Pics from packing, details, measurements will be posted here in the buy/sell topic.

Proud owner of a;
- Ducati 907 ie 1992 in red
- Ducati 900 SSC Imola 1997 in red
- aprilia RST Mille Futura 2001 in infinity blue
- Alfa Romeo 159 SW 2007 in Grigrio Stromboli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:33 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
and it`s for righthand traffic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm 

model: 750 Sport
year: 1990
SUPER Olaf !

Many thanks !

@Gerhard - Bist Du bei FB ? Ich würde mich freuen wenn Du auch "Joinst".

Lieben Gruß vom Helge

Ducati 750 Sport `90 #750924
Ducati 750 Sport `90 #751918
Ducati 907 i.e. `93
Suzuki VX 800 `92
Yamaha PW 50
BMW e34 520i `93
BMW e34 520i `94

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:54 am 

To all interested,

Yesterday evening I have made a pic series on the lamp, box and packing for you all to see. Please follow this link

Also am trying to find other stuff that might be needed, being solenoids, rubber sealing on lamp connection, vibration eliminators lamp to frame, parking light fixing etc. etc. to see if I am able to assemble a DIY kit excluding wiring, fuses and connectors, or perhaps offer the whole package or only the lightunit. What ever I can arrange or you require.

Prices for shipment I have found and here are some tech info on the lampunit
The original Yamaha cardboard box
- the Yamaha box package is just under 2 kg, dimensions 35 x 26 x 20 cm
- partnumber 110-31468

Dimensions on the lamphousing;
- fixing supports top, center to center approx. 18 cm
- fixing supports bottom, center to center approx. 25 cm
- hight between fixings buttom top, center to center approx. 19 cm
- total width approx. 30 cm
- total hight approx. 21 cm

Visual dimensions after fitting and placing the front fender
- Width visible approx. 27,5 cm
- Hight visible approx. 13 cm
- Diagonal visible 28,5 cm

The 2 lamps that are included in the are;
- 12 V 35/35 Watt Osram Bilux HSI, Made in Germany, 64185, K15038, W764
Please note that it might not be possible to use a 55/60 Watt lightbulb due to heath!

The glass element can be splitted from the plastic back cover using 4 springs at each side.

Shipping details based on 2-5kg package
Non registered Registered (Insured, signed on delivery)
Europe Zone 1: 19,50 Euro 20,80 Euro
Europe Zone 2: 25,00 Euro 26,30 Euro
Europe Zone 3: 26,30 Euro 27,60 Euro
Rest of the world: 34,30 Euro 35,60 Euro

Proud owner of a;

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:34 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1991
Hi Olaf

respect for the work you're doing.
I'm afraid that I missed somewhere down the line the costs of these units.
transport is no problem. I could it pick at your place.

Bertus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:37 pm 

Hallo Bertus,

Cost for the headlight is indeed not mentioned. I try to get some discount at the shop for a larger number or repeated sales however they did not answer yet.
So far I count 3 interested Paso members here. . . Storing would be possible and buy al 15 pcs, however as they are stock items there for 20 years already, I try to be not too optimistic.

It is only the price that is thing missing indeed, however would like to get some tension build up in this. . . .
Pick up here is no problem, serve you a cup of coffee and show the bikes. . . Would we make it to the living room or stay in the garage?

Greetings,

Olaf

Proud owner of a;

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:30 pm 

Both - first garage , later living room ! PIZZA ! ;-)

:mrgreen:

Ducati 907 i.e. `93
Suzuki VX 800 `92
Yamaha PW 50
BMW e34 520i `93
BMW e34 520i `94

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:08 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Olaf,

I need an indication to decide whether I'm interested or not. At the end I already have a used twin-head light in good condition.
yes, they are stock items. but most likely there won't be any production run again.
storing 10 to 12 ones waiting to be selled, gives a lot of dead money sitting around.

Helge,
where are you in NRW? NRW is a broad definition of your where about.

Bertus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:06 am 

Hi Bert,

45481 Mülheim an der Ruhr near Duisburg not far away from Venlo.

:choo:

Greetings !

Ducati 907 i.e. `93
Suzuki VX 800 `92
Yamaha PW 50
BMW e34 520i `93
BMW e34 520i `94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:48 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Hi Helge,

have that town often when we're heading for Dusseldorf Airport, Frankfurt or the Stuttgart area.
I live in Holten PLZ.7451, about 1.5 hr drive from you.

Bertus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:01 pm 

Next time - Little stop for a coffee-break for free ! :thumbup:

Ducati 907 i.e. `93
Suzuki VX 800 `92
Yamaha PW 50
BMW e34 520i `93
BMW e34 520i `94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:34 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Hallo Helge,

Sicher, mach ich gerne.

looking forward to my next trip into Germany.
I think early next year I've to make an trip to Hattingen.
at that time we can arrange something

Bertus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:07 am 

Update, will post some pics later however they are US headlights looking at the beam projectory, being all flat. Made a test setting using a near dead battery and made some pics that I will update later tonight for all to see in the gallery on Picasa as mentioned in a previous posting.

Price will be around €85 Euro per light unit excluding shipping, duties and taxes. Seeing the prices on E-bay for used or damaged headlight units, I think this is a fair price for a brand new in box headlight unit including the lamps.
I am checking on some H4 connection plugs however they are only in quantity of 1000 pcs available. Got some replies in the mail and keep you informed.

Please PM for interest so I will make a list and do my purchase and shipping this year so all can start modifieng during the winter.

Proud owner of a;

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

hi Olaf, im very interested in one of these lights, but we ride on the L/H side here, would this lens annoy oncoming traffic?

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:24 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I came across your other post, thanks for the pics, this answered my question, low beam would annoy oncoming traffic :thumbup:

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress