[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Fuel gauge?
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fuel gauge?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:23 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
Is there any solution to the inaccuracy of it?

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

Post subject: Re: Fuel gauge?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm 

year: 1992
Hi Gert, I here your frustrations………….

What I did was, totally empty the fuel tank, then with the bike on the centre stand (also placing a piece of wood under the front wheel, so the rear wheel made contact with the ground – similar to someone sitting on the bike while riding).
Removed the fuel cap assembly off the petrol tank, so my hand would fit into the tank.
Purchase 10.5 litres (half fuel tank capacity) into a fuel can and emptied it into the empty 907ie tank.
Turned on the ignition to see where the fuel gauge positioned itself. It was reading just above the halfway mark.
I gently placed a pair of `visegrips` (pliers or multigrips would do) on the top of the fuel gauge operating rod. While holding the visegrips to prevent the operating rod from rotating, I gently forced up the float end of the operating rod against the pressure I was placing on the top of the rod with the visegrips. This allows the float to sit slightly lower in the tank with respect to the amount of fuel.
Rechecked fuel gauge position. It was reading exactly half way now – this was a fluke, normally it takes a couple of goes when ever I try something new!

To check the fuel warning light, I syphoned out 6 litres and adjusted the small contact tab inside the fuel gauge (white plastic body unit)with a small flat screw driver. Now the fuel warning light comes on with 4.5 litre left in the tank.

All this is ok when riding solo. But if you have a pillion, this all changes
Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:13 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Very helpful, thx f sharing! :thumbup:
Mod to do next winter. :)

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:34 pm 

Be watchen for the spitzen sparken or use non sparking tools or the old Paso will go faster than ever before, Don't want to lose any good old paso players!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:20 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:21 pm 

SPITZEN SPARKEN.......
German Australian slang for the commencement of a large explosion,,,
PLENTY BIG BOOM BOOM ,
Caused by metallic object creating a spark in a volatile environment ,
Remember the Hindenburg.
Hope this helps understand how weird we are down here! :wacko:
Marty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:44 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

OK, got it.
No problems w you down under,
seen many pics of you w your sheep gf`s on the passenger seat.... :thumbup: :lol:

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:54 am 

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 pm 

Yep thats the pesky Kiwi's , they would take on anything , like a rat up a drainpipe, velcro gloves and gumboots, Tell you what though ,it would be a top place to spend a few years the scenery is special. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Please no replys about twinheads and incest, ...we can't help it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:11 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

A hamster w gaffers tape will do on a lonely night over here.... :P :evil: :thumbup:
Off topic?

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 am 

on topic:

does anyone know if the sender unit in the tank is from a particular vehicle (like a common car)??
my sender has a dead spot in it...

off topic:
one day in biology class, the teacher suddenly asked a question. "Has anyone seen a ghost ?"
10 students raised their hands.
He then asked "Has anyone touched a ghost ?".
Only 3 raised their hands.
Then lastly and slowly he asked "Has anyone fucked a ghost before ?".
All was silent but only one student raised his hand. The teacher quickly goes to him, shakes his hands and said loudly "This is the first time a human being has have sex with a ghost, a real phenomenon".
Then the student slowly and softly tell the teacher "I'm sorry sir, i thought you said a goat".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:42 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Only in Australia a teacher would ask questions like these.... :shock: ;) :lol:

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07