[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Can't find a rear tire in the US
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Can't find a rear tire in the US
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:49 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
I can't find a Michelin Pilot Power 170/60 ZR17 for the rear anywhere. Everyone says it is on back order from Michelin. The web sites usually say they have that size but I have had to cancel orders a 4 places because they couldn't come through. Anyone know of a place that has this time in hand?
du907

Post subject: Re: Can't find a rear tire in the US
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:25 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
A quick googling returned a few vendors
Kneedraggers
Dennis Kirk
MotorcycleTire
TwoWheels

Have you contacted any of these guys? Prices range from 100 to 120 plus shipping

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:49 pm 

Tried them all and 4 or 5 others. No one has them. Michelin lowered their prices and everyone is sold out in my size. No one knows when they will come in, about a two week waiting list.
I think I'll try the Pirellis.
du907

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:57 pm 

year: 1993
Call Sport Tour in Cincinnati 513.761.0936. The have the best tire prices around. I called them about the Michelins. He looked it up and said that they won't be available until 10-13-10. He did say that they have several other tires in that size in stock if you need one now. Tell them Ed referred you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

If you can't get the 170/60, you can fit a 180/55 r17 tire without any problem.

Ciao :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:48 am 

Francesco
Please explain. I know what the numbers (170/60) mean, but what effect will it have on the handling? Will the tire profile be the same?
du907

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:03 am 

year: 1991
What about the Metzeler roadtec Z6.
won the german tyre test.
I am using them but would have no idea if they are any good compared to the others!
Also read very good report on the new bridgedstones.

All I know is that you must use the correct tyre for your usage, so a sport touring tyre warms up quickly to give grip, where a sports tyre takes longer and is not as good for general riding.

91 907IE - full restoration
91 907IE Red, Wilbers, Staintune Conti, Corbin,
MPL Slipper,Ceramic exhaust

Lambretta LI150 S3
87 928S4

http://www.paolopirozzi.com/it/ - around the world on a Multistrada

907, its not a bike , its a cult

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:18 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1991
Hi Du907,

I wouldn't worry about the 170's. you can use 180's whitout any problem.
I have them on my 907 for 5 years now and she handles very well.
this spring I got new Bridgestones BT023 120/70 and 180/55and have no complain about handling in long sweeping curves or roundabouts.
sensitiviness for damaged pavement is minor.

Bertus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 pm 

Thanks for the info guys. I was able by chance to get the 170/60 from chaparral in Calif. USA. They just happen to get one in at the time I checked they're site. Got it mounted this weekend, so now I can go riding during this beautful pre-fall weather. I might try the 180/55 next time.
du907