[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - New forum Member
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New forum Member
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:32 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
Hello Members,
I just want to say hi and give you some information about my project.
I bougt a 907ie last saturday out of a garage where the bike stod for 10 years. (my second Ducati first was a 750 SS) It must be a 1991 Modelwith only 17400 km on the counter. The framenumber is 866 with the black brembos an 300 mm disc diameter.
The only modification is an upper fairing from Diopa with a little tanned windscreen in it (I don´t like that).
To get the beauty back on the street i must restore the tank and need a new fuel pump (don´t know were to get). The electric is working, the starter is running and if you give her a bit of a starter spray you have some
ignition.
I will post some pictures as soon as the bike is ready and back on the street.

And don´t forget: Always keep the rubber down !

Ducati 907 i.e. 1992
BMW R1100RS 1993

Post subject: Re: New forum Member
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:26 am 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1992
WHere in good old germany are you located?

BR
Johannes

86` Ducati 750 Paso
96` Cagiva 750 AC Elefant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:53 am 

I am in south Germany between Stuttgart and Ulm. Lovely streets down here.

Ducati 907 i.e. 1992
BMW R1100RS 1993

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:23 am 

Here are the pics

Attachments:
$(KGrHqEOKiME0j5,RD6pBNZ08cwN(g~~_19.jpg
$(KGrHqEOKiME0j5,RD6pBNZ08cwN(g~~_19.jpg [ 37.21 KiB | Viewed 5688 times ]
$(KGrHqIOKiQE1U((QmcSBNZ08edBnw~~_19.jpg
$(KGrHqIOKiQE1U((QmcSBNZ08edBnw~~_19.jpg [ 28.45 KiB | Viewed 5688 times ]

Ducati 907 i.e. 1992
BMW R1100RS 1993
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:36 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
Hallo montreal69,

if the bike stood for 10 years you should stop what you`re doing. Don`t try to start the engine.
After such a long time in which the timing belts are 5x overdue I`d recommend to remove the cylinder heads and check out the cylinders. Then one should oil the dry cylinder walls again and turn over the angine by hand a few times. Meanwhile one can check the valve adjustment and then reassemble everything with a set of new belts.
The tank should be flushed, the injection system probably, too and the fuel filter changed.
You will find info on a replacement fuel pump in the forum.

As rubber sticks to metal over the years you`ll very likely need new fork and dust seals and you should keep an eye on the output shaft seal (der Simmerring hinterm Ritzel).
Not to forget changing oil and brake/clutch fluids and checking all bearings, specially wheel and steering bearings.

Oh and be careful with starter spray. Too much of it will wash the oil from the cylinder walls which will do cylinders and piston rings no good, specially if you`re trying to start an engine which was dry for 10 years.

I wouldn´t have a good conscience if I didn`t do at least all of this before getting a bike back on the road after such a long time.

G.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:20 am 

Hello paso750, many thanks for that information. I will do all the things you said for sure. the only thing i tried
is if there is ignition before I start to spend my money. The front brake is not working, the dust seal from the fork are broken and dryed out and there are many other little things to do. The good thing was that the bike stood very dry and covered under a cotton lining so there is no rust on it. This bike must go back on the street and i take the challenge to do this.
Many thanks for your help.

Ducati 907 i.e. 1992
BMW R1100RS 1993

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:19 am 

welcome!
a little project you have there, we shall enjoy the story. :beer: and more :beer:

As you live in Germany get a Wilbers rear shock.
The fork bushes are same as some BMW.
Upgrade wiring , see tech areas.
new tyres please.
best forum here, lots of wonderful advice, I wouldn't have my bikes with out it.

ciao
Nigel

91 907IE - full restoration
91 907IE Red, Wilbers, Staintune Conti, Corbin,
MPL Slipper,Ceramic exhaust

Lambretta LI150 S3
87 928S4

http://www.paolopirozzi.com/it/ - around the world on a Multistrada

907, its not a bike , its a cult

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:42 am 

model: 906 Paso
yes welcome and good luck with bringing another paso back to life :thumbup: :cool: :)

2004 ccm r30 with 710 conversion
175 moto morini road race replica
a box of bits r100 bmw scrambler project
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
a non running xt600...stator needed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:57 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

welcome montreal69...nice bike to start with and although I wouldn't change the original upper fairing, diopa's alternative doesn't look too bad :beer:

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:36 pm 
Hello Montreal,
I am from Austria, Tirol and wanted to buy this 907 ie two month ago. The seller did'nt tell that the bike was standing over 10 jears. He told me that the top part of the fairing was original from Ducati (optional). Your identification is right, it's a 1991 model with black brembos and black exhausts. I don't know why, but last week I bought a ST2 from the first owner. The ST2 has the further developed engine from the 907 ie. The Paso's and ST's are not popular, but they are milestones in the Ducati-History, I think.

Best regards from Josef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:33 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Hello montreal69, nice bike , as they all are ( paso's ), but as G sez you need to spend some time and , probly , money recommissioning your bike . I am sure your efforts will be rewarded in the long run. :)
As for paso's not being popular ( dont get me started :) :) ) but I believe this is only a tempory thing . The paso was such a "different " ducati , and didnt the purists squeal , there has been nothing like it before or since and I think that anyone calling themselves a ducati enthusiest/ collector ( bullshit or not ) is going to NEED, not want, a Paso . I think any money spent ( wisely ) on a paso will turn out to be a good investment , and I have had more " looks " on my paso than any other bike . What more could you want :?: :) :) :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 am 

Hello tognazi, it is not the same bike that you looked at. I just took the pictures because it is exactly the same bike i bought. Also the decals on the fork are the same. There must have been a dealer that has build up some with the diopa Fairing and they all look same. My bike is allready in pieces for restauration and i forgot to make pictures before.
I was wondering to see exactly the same bike with the same fairing and also with the same decals on the fork. Must have been a dealer special version.

Ducati 907 i.e. 1992
BMW R1100RS 1993

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:40 am 

Hello mc tool, I think exactly the same as you. The paso´s are very special and worth to keep. I don´t know where i have read that there are less than 50 paso´s are registered in Germany. But i also don´t know if the 907 is counted as a paso. The name is 907 ie without paso.
Also many thanks to all of you for the help and the nice words that helps me to make it happen.

Ducati 907 i.e. 1992
BMW R1100RS 1993

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:01 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:48 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1987
I think Steffen is on a business trip, but that would be a good deal for both of you :thumbup: