[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Fuel Pump
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 907 rebuilding- pistons
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:53 pm 

Hello again!

As I start to rebuild my 907 IE I want to get sure that the pistons are really in the right direction:

The are some marks on the piston:

S, A and B.

I suppose that B mens Belt side?
A is intake side?
B is exhaust side?

Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:19 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
the manual states the small indentation on the piston is the exhaust side.

G.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:55 pm 

Thanks- but I have no small indication; just "A" on intake (?) side, "S" on exhaust (?) side, and "B" for belt (?) side.

Maybe its an italien shortcut ?; "A" for Accesso ?,...

Unfortunately there is no description in the workshop manual... :dunno:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:57 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

"indentation" not "indication". (die Ventiltasche im Kolben ist auf der Auslassseite kleiner weil das Auslassventil kleiner ist als das Einlassventil).
The smaller pocket on the piston is on the exit side as the exhaust valve is smaller than the inlet valve.

G.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:33 pm 

The pistons/cylinder are marked: A - B or C
S= scarico (exhaust)
A= aspirazione (inlet)

;)

Elefant 900 Monobraccio
Elefant 750 pure off
Indiana 650

Last edited by nojapan on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:06 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Like Nojapan said above, the letter codes stamped on the piston are suppose to match the material letter code on the cylinder. The other letters are the first letters of the Italian words for intake and exhaust. (If you download the shop manual from this site you can read the various languages for the piston section and you can figure out what Italian words match you languge, etc.) The orginal pistons had the same sized indentions for the exhaust and intake valves while the newer replacement pistons have different sized indentions for the exhaust and intake valves. S is exhaust and A is intake. See the picture below of the rear piston and cylinder.

Last edited by du907 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:08 pm 

model: other
year: 1986
Hello
Follow this link viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4188 and see how I managed to fit the Merlin pump O.K.
Just scroll down the thread and have a look at the photos first, then scroll back and read the description. It's easy :thumbup: .

Good luck.

P.Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:05 pm 

OK, so S= scarico (exhaust), and A= aspirazione or accesso (inlet) and B means type of piston
Perfect :thumbup:

The indentation of A is only somewhat bigger (0,5mm) than S.

Next I will try to make the Valbro pump fit.

So long
Gernot

Attachments:
Piston H.jpg
Piston H.jpg [ 122.83 KiB | Viewed 5590 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:05 am 

Finally I managed to buy a new fuelpump. Its a Bosch BMW pump for K100/ K1, which has the same size as the original Weber PI-022.

The first tests showed, that the Bosch pump needs less current than the Weber. I hope the fuel pressure will be the same :huh:

In the meanwhile I fixed all the wholes in my rusty tank with tin and made a complete "KREEM" coating to prevent rust in the future. The whole fairing gets repaired and overhauled at the moment, so I wonder if this last point- the fuelpump will work...

so long
Gernot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:57 am 
I actually dress a fuel pump of Peugeot 405 or 505 cars, dont available the original here !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:26 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:28 pm 

if the bosch replacement for the bmw k bikes isnt available anymore, i have seen the pump from a 1993 model year isuzu trooper and it is very close, i bet it would fit also.........

doug

1992 907ie #1473 Nero SOLD
1997 Vmax Nero-Blue Flames SOLD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:39 pm 

Try www.euromotoelectrics.com, this company is more of BMW company, but they have fuel pumps and other parts that work on our bikes.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:32 pm 

year: 1993
I bought a fuel pump for 907 a couple of years ago from http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk

It is of less diamater than original pump, but as part of the kit there was a foam plastic insert that allowed fitting in the original holder in the tank.

KX 500
KTM 500 with Zabel 700 Engine
zx10
Mobylette Cady

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:01 pm 

year: 1991
I bought my parts from BMW. The rubber holder of the pump and the filter screen which is located under the pump.
Both part fitted as originals. Especially the filter screen is absolutly the same. I will look for the bmw part numbers and post them.
Also there is an online parts catalog for BMW parts on www.bmwbayer.de. Look for the pump of k100 or k1100.
BMW told me the pump is still on stock for 300 €.
Used ones are very hard to get because the k modells are also getting old and the pumps are starting to fail.
My original ducati fuel pump fitted in the bmw rubber holder perfectly. So the BMW pump must have the same size. Fuel presure is the same and is anyway seperatly regulated. Injectors are still comming from ducati.

Ducati 907 i.e. 1992
BMW R1100RS 1993