[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Scuffing in a new pair of shoes today.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Scuffing in a new pair of shoes today.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:06 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993
Hey guys, first off lets not forget it's a sport-touring bike. ;)
I wanted a combination of grip & mileage.
ALL of my riding will be on the street, I picked the PR2's.
After a 200mi. ride today, so far so good. IMO plenty of grip, good feed back, turn in about the same (slow), hold the line well and decent ride quality.
However, I guess I was expecting a bit more (maybe to much?) so I'll give them a 6 out of 10...
Next I'll try PR3's...

A few pics off my ride today scuffing them in.

What a fun bike! :thumbup:

Post subject: Re: Scuffing in a new pair of shoes today.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:22 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport
year: 1990
Thanks for the pics. Rumor has it the Pirelli Angels turn in quicker than the PR3. Although many good reports on the PR3s. Hard to buy a bad tire these days.
My net set of tires for the Sport will be the Pirelli Angels and a 160 tire on a 4.5' rim to try and get it to turn in quicker. Relaxed geometry and steering damper will easily handle the top speed stuff.

Cheers, Phil

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:01 am 

year: 1992
Nice pitures. This bike looks better with age..................

Who agrees?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:48 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Does someone have tried Pirelli Diablo series?
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:23 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

I have been running he Diablo series on both my Sport and ST4s for the past 4 years or so. I just put the new Angels on the ST this year and really like them. Had to get used to how fast they turn in, but its nice for the ST. Lets me pitch it around easier once you get used to it. I'm looking forward to putting them on the Sport.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:55 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

So, what's your choice?
Many thanks.
Ciao

BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:01 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Oh, most certainly the Angels, especially for the Sport / Paso which has somewhat slow steering already.
They are also dual compound, which the Diablos were not.
Did some riding in the rain with them, and they performed lovely.
Admittedly, I haven't ridden on anything but Pirellis for the past 4 years. I rode the Avon Storms before that.

Cheers, Phil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:37 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The good is the Angel has the 170/60 R17, while the Diablo does'nt.
I do think a 180 rear tire would be too big for a Paso.
Ciao

BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:41 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

BMW R Nine t 2019