[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - The Marazonchii Shock is shot
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Marazonchii Shock is shot
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:24 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
The rear shock on my 907 is shot. The shaft seal is worn out and leaks. I have tried various places for a rebuild kits but there appears to be none available. My question is what have others done for replacement? Thanks. K6

Post subject: Re: The Marazonchii Shock is shot
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:43 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992
I have never tried, but many members of the forum have managed to rebuild the shock.
The parts needed (seals etc.) seem to be not too hardto find, even without the stock rebuild kit.
So, you could try to bring it to a good craftsman.
Good luck :thumbup: .
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:37 am 

Hey there K6,get hold of ROBERT TAYLOR at crown kiwi technical (CKT) in newplymouth
new zealand,he's our local ohlins guru who also spends alot of time setting up
suspension for the racing fraternity.
He supplied a ohlins shock for my 907 so will have spec's allready to build more,
and i must add they are worth every cent,i opted for remote spring preload,
it's just awsome and that gold bit on the side looks reeeealy trick :thumbup:.
Don't waste time,if you can aford it do it!Cost me $1500 nz,about 900 euro.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 am 

Hi Oceanhunter, do you have any pictures of the shock and what adjustments does it have?

How does the bike feel after putting it on?

I had my marzocchi rebuilt, it but the rebound wasn`t much good.

I ended up fitting a new marzzocchi with adjustable preload and rebound suited to a 750/906. Seems to be doing the job alright.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:44 am 

year: 1991
ASR here in Melb was able to rebuild my Marzochhi shock.
For one bike I bought a Wilbers rear shock with hydraulic pre-load, ~$1200

I cant really offer good comparisson as i changed the rear shock soon after i got the bike,
as i had forks rebuilt as well.

91 907IE - full restoration
91 907IE Red, Wilbers, Staintune Conti, Corbin,
MPL Slipper,Ceramic exhaust

Lambretta LI150 S3
87 928S4

http://www.paolopirozzi.com/it/ - around the world on a Multistrada

907, its not a bike , its a cult

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:42 am 

Hi davo,as youwould agree there really isn't much to see apart from the gold
hydraulic preload adjuster mounted behind the right pillion peg hanger(i hope
this explanation gets me out of TRYING :lol: to put up a picture :zip: .
The bike handles really well,i have a thirty k ride to work when the weather
is kind and the road has some good testing parts for suspension especially
at speed and the ohlins really improved both comfort and stability,it only has
rebound adjustment (no adjustment offerd by robert much to my discust but
he assured me i wouldn't need it! :,( and bugger me if he was spot on :thumbup: ,
i didn't adjust anything after installing,the sag and static sag were within half
a millimeter and that compression damping seems right for fast or slow/sharp or
gradual bumps,robert said the internals of ohlins gear is pretty clever and i don't
doubt that now,all i have to do now is get the front end up to him to work his
magic so the front kind of matchs the rear :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:22 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Some of the Paso 750's had a good olins shock from new and these come up on e-bay every now and then .