[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - 907IE Radiator Hoses
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: 907IE Radiator Hoses
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:01 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
not tax free, I had to pay VAT.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:16 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:29 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:32 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

Last edited by 907pasonut on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:35 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:45 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:14 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:17 am 

model: other
year: 1999
Hi All,

Great news that we have had some positive comments regarding the hose set and a massive thank you to Dark Matter for all his help.

Just to clarify, any sale outside the EU (European Union) will be VAT (UK sales tax) free and the discount code of PASO10 gives a 10% discount on the product AND free delivery to anywhere in the world. The delivery charge looks like it had been added to the sale when in the shopping cart, but if you look at the discount, it has taken 10% off the product AND the shipping cost also.

We have these hose sets in stock in black and red, all the other 18 colours are available to special order.

Many thanks

Bruce / Racebikebitz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:05 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

I really am sorry to say this but I still can't fathom out how these hoses are the most expensive Ducati hoses out there even with the 10% reduction? Appreciate the limited numbers, tooling etc but surely some parts are like for like with other Cagiva / Ducati / Aprilia models that could reduce the cost?

This looks interesting maybe as an alternative for those of us on a budget maybe ?

https://www.viperperformance.co.uk/subcats.php?xctId=36

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:39 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1994
Good link there Stiv. I agree about the Samco pricing and I'll worry about my hoses when and if they fail.

1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:16 am 

Hi Stiv,

Thanks for your comments on the hoses and you have kind of already answered your own questions regarding the hose prices, but happy to explain further.

The SamcoSport brand is recognised as the worldwide leader in silicone hose technology and as such, we equip every single F1 team on the grid this year, MotoGP, WSBK and BSB, as well as most motocross factory teams in MX1, MX2 and the American AMA series. We also supply at O.E.M. level to many manufacturers and are very proud indeed of our products. The SamcoSport brand is 25 years old this year and the factory has a lots of high tech durability testing equipment, that other silicone manufacturers can only dream of! We only buy European silicones for use in the hoses, we do not buy any raw materials from the far east, as we need very strict quality control to offer our lifetime warranty.

The tooling to make the hoses is very costly to produce and two of the hoses in the kit are more complex than usual and compounded with the small volume we anticipate selling, this has set the selling price. Unfortunately there was no cross over from other Ducati models to the 907 i.e., so new tooling required for all 6 hoses.

We dont like to compare ourselves to any other manufacturers, we like to promote and sell our products based on our own credentials, experience and ultimately quality.

I hope this answer at least some of your questions and more than happy to help anybody out with any other questions they may have.

Many thanks!

Bruce / Racebikebitz
SamcoSport Worldwide Distributor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:26 am 

I for one am very greatfull !!!!!!!!!!!that a manufacturer took the time and energy to make a limited run of a top product ,
as owners of a older limited number bike I feel obliged to support the cause and if you think the price is up there try
making dies and add up your hours $$$$ ????

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:21 am 

Hi All,

If anyone has any pictures of their SamcoSport 907 i.e. hoses fitted, we would be very interested to see them - Always good for us to see the finished product installed.

Also, if any of you have other Ducati Models, the PASO10 code will also work for all the Ducati kits listed on our website here:- http://racebikebitzusa.com/samco-hoses/ ... cone-Hoses

Maybe an early Christmas present to yourself - You know you deserve it !!

Regards

Bruce / Racebikebitz
SamcoSport Worldwide Distributor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:07 am 

year: 1991
well mine are fitted & I'm using Evans water-less coolant.

We have had some fitting problem though. The mechanic found that the hose that goes past the throttle body, this is the one that is the most complex, when it gets hot & the fairing is fitted it was touching the bolt, causing a the throttle cable to not return fully.

I have made a ~8cm plate from stainless to distribute the pressure & have cable tied it back to the frame fro clearance.

My thermostat seems to be in a different position than before, so it is pushed by the fairing, rather than fitting in the gap. I cant see how I can change its position. I have cut the end of the hose into the thermostat slightly, so its not sticking out, maybe I need to do more.

I'm very happy with the quality, I use Samco fuel hose on my car.

and just because...

91 907IE - full restoration
91 907IE Red, Wilbers, Staintune Conti, Corbin,
MPL Slipper,Ceramic exhaust

Lambretta LI150 S3
87 928S4

http://www.paolopirozzi.com/it/ - around the world on a Multistrada

907, its not a bike , its a cult

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:27 pm 

year: 1993
Hello all, firstly apologies for not being able to prgress any further with my supplier, a combination of work health and family issues meant i just drifetd away from it. My supplier was cheaper than the Samco kit but required a minimum order to be met to get the tooling costs covered. that minimum was 20 which despite my best efforts we never got close to without me or others buying multiple sets to get the thing moving. In terms of manufacture i would imagine (Samco will probably say no but hey) the basic manufacturing technique is largely the same. I.e. make a tool, and build each hose off the correct tool. Because the 907 uses a near unique thermostat and waterpump cover and a very unique hose under the rhs fairing at the top (leading to the expansion tank) there weren't any tools that could be re used from other bikes. my supplier did try so the tool were all new.
I've no idea what the margins were on these all told but they weren't going to be great for the supplier so if you assume the tooling costs were roughly 60% of the run and the minimum was 20 sets the tooling cost is somewhere around £2K (at a guess). Thats a risk for a business that really doesn't have to do this sort of thing as they supply OEM to manufacturers so they want the minimum number to make sure they still make something (don't forget there's still shipping, order handling and processing and all that sort of stuff as well as the initial prototype and design changes.)

The way Samco have done it they've swallowed the risk and probably have just about broken even if they've sold more than 7 sets given the difficulty of getting 20 individuals together to buy these thats a sizeable risk for them to take so....... having tried and failed all the best to them as the price is actually pretty reasonable particularly when I bought the last of the new Right hand side hoses from Ducati 2 years ago for £78.00 for a rubber one !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next