[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Rear Brake Caliper pad dust cover
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rear Brake Caliper pad dust cover
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:54 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993
Hey guys, my plastic dust cover for the rear caliper pads went missing. I am not having any luck finding a replacement cover. Do you know if I can use an alternate Brembo cover?
Regards, Paul :?:

Post subject: Re: Rear Brake Caliper pad dust cover
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:40 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992
...I thought the seal from the clutch slave cylinder...sorry cant help you with the brake one, I dont remember the rear caliper having a dust seal apart from the internal seals and to change that one you need to pull the caliper apart :dunno:

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:26 am 

Hi Paul.

Just had a look at Stein-Dinse, and their parts list has a cover, but when you click on it, it comes up with a different part altogether? The 907 that sits in my shed at the moment doesn't have dust covers on either the front or the rear brake? They may have been removed and thrown away by a previous owner?

Can't say yes or no if they came as standard?

Cheers.

Nick.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:38 pm 

O.k. Thank you guys. The front caliper does not have a dust cover. The rear on mine was a hard plastic u shaped cover. My daughter was playing with her friend in the garage, and somehow the cover went missing. I appreciate you all more than you know!
Warm regards, Paul :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:36 pm 

My rear caliper has never had a dust cover over the pads.
The older style Brembos on my Laverda & BMW do but not these ones.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:53 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
if you don`t have it you`re missing it. Just check the parts catalogue. The 907ie had the cover on the caliper, later models didn`t.

The cover of the Brembo P32B caliper may fit. It`s used on many Guzzis.

G.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:27 am 

Thank you paso 750. I will look and see if I can get a part # for the P32B cover. The O.E. cover is obsolete. I appreciate the help.
Cheers Paul :beer:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:51 am 

I show Brembo part # 120.2688.20 for the dust cover. I am not having any luck finding a dealer for these. Does anyone know of a supplier?
Regards, Paul :wacko:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:17 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

20268820 should be the Moto Guzzi part number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:39 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Try MG Cycles

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:18 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

the question only remains if it really fits. Maybe they can tell you.
http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=2492

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:41 pm 

Well I've owned the bike from new & it's never had a dust cover.
Maybe the later models did without ?
1146546_427932637326499_80291408_n.jpg [82.08 KiB]
Downloaded 288 times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:40 pm 

Thank you guys. As usual, you are the best! I don't know why, but mine had the cover. I guess I am being to anal about it. Just one of those little things that is bothering me. If it was not there from the beginning, I would not worry about it. But, the fact that I cant find it is driving me crazy. Thank you again!
Cheers, Paul :beer:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:06 pm 

Thank you paso 750 I will measure and see if this will work.
Cheers, Paul