[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Fuel Pump
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fuel Pump
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:27 am 

Hi!
My fuelpump (907-1991) Marelli PI-022 was stucking- when connecting power nothing happend (even no short circuit). After some "helps" with air pressure & bumps (i got it out of the tank) it moved again- sometimes doing some strange noises! I ordered a new one- but unfortenuatelly it wasn´t the original Marelli but a Wabco pump with a different outer diameter :neener: - but with the right box (Marelli PI-022). Had everyone of you have probs with the pump?
Does anyone know how to mount the Wabco pump-? the original fuelfilter does not fit to the Wabco pump :screwy:

Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump and tank
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:41 am 

Hello!

I reply to myself, caus the problem was getting virulent!.

Now- 5 years after that trouble disappeared by itself (gosh- Weber is an god), the (same) pump still works, but I broke the gland for the tube, so I need to replace it by a (cheap) original Weber PI-022.

Has anyone an idea if this part is available somewhere in Europe? Or has anyone of you this part "on stock"?

Unfortunately the tank is rusted and already has several holes, after I removed the varnish from certain spots, where only the color and the rust under prevented the petrol to run out...

What is the best method to repair such a heavily rusted piece of shit? And who will do such a work??

Best would be a "new" tank but...

Attaching some pics soon.
regards
Gernot from Vienna

Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:36 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
hi Gernot, gees you replied to your own post 5yrs later...
cant help you with the fuel pump, but I had similar problem with tank leaking (very small leak) and used the tank repair kit which was recomended to me, that was my first post on this forum July/2010 with the heading "907ie petrol tank with very small petrol seepage" read that.
I strongly recomend this product and if you follow instructions it will bring your tank like new again :thumbup:

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

for the Euromarkets you can get it here

I am sure there are others outlets

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:12 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988
In Feb, 18th to 20th there will be a motorcycle used parts fair in milano, close to the Malpensa airport. have a look here:

I think you'll have good chances to find what you need and someone from germany able to translate your words to the sellers :)

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:21 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Really, there is some new tank around.
I guess Ducati has cleared its warehouse away.
http://cgi.ebay.it/SERBATOIO-DUCATI-PAS ... 3f062f631e
Ciao

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:50 am 

Finally I bought the tank (thanks for the Info!), I wonder if there aren´t to many scratches present.

But still I cannot find a Weber PI-022 fuelpump...
Valbro pumps definitely do not fit.
Does anyone have an idea? (for smaller money...).

Another question occurs as I stripped down the Cylinder heads (and the rest):
I always had trouble with small oil leaks coming from the Head (or cylinder) where the exhaust is located. I thought it comes from the copper stuffs (?) which are pressed into the head/ cylinder, but my mechanic says this is only to seal up the water-coolant.

I already changed the rubber rings twice, but after some time still it leaks a little bit. :suicide:

Does it come only from the rubber rings, or does it come from the (smaller) copper "thingis"

I will send some photos soon..

Thanks
Gernot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:53 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1991
Do a search on BMW pump here.

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:12 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-750-907-Pa ... 4cf46ba006

Theres a scruffy tank with good pump here going cheapish. If it doesn't sell he may sell the pump seperately.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:57 am 

Thanks for your help so far.
I made some pictures just to show you the present condition of the bike.

Today I got the overhoulded heads, the mec. meant that all the copper "studs" on the head are only for the collant- not for sealingthe oilroutes- can you confirm (I still wonder where the oil leakage next to the exhausts comes from, caus the sealing rings where new, and fastened with silicon..)?

What happened so far:
-new seat cover (selfmade- seciond time, got stiffness in my fingercups!)
-new petrol pipes
-cleaning of all plugs with contact cleaner
-new chain and sprockets
- repair of collant tank (second tank already, first try)
- many many small things to repair and adopt
and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning

still to come:
"new" tank with "kreem weiss" coating (I will post a picture of the perforated tank soon)
"new" fuelpump
new filter
Bodywork to be revarnished completely (decals already here)- RED rules!

Attachments:
907.jpg
907.jpg [ 140.81 KiB | Viewed 14196 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 am 

year: 1989

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:28 am 

Hello!

I was quite sure that it was oil, it even had a light colour (fresh oil).
The mecanic ment, that it only can come from the sealing o- rings.

The pictures are from the already overhoulded heads.

Before there were no similar deposits as on your head (cylinder area).

Attachments:
H2.jpg
H2.jpg [ 105.79 KiB | Viewed 14149 times ]
H1.jpg
H1.jpg [ 112.67 KiB | Viewed 14149 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:44 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1990

The Weber fuel pump for DUCATI ( Motorcycles) 907ie (Weber PI-022) 139.34(GBP) 164.60(eur) 222.30(USD) 221.55(AUD) 288.40(NZD)

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:55 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1991

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:04 pm 

In fact nothing than cleaning and valve adjusting...
As the copper studs are not responsible for the oil leaking I think that the sealing rings are the bad guys- I just wonder if and why...

I´m afraid the merlin pump is the Walbro thing which doesn´t fit 1:1 because of smaller diameter.
So filter and rubberhose does not fit...

I have a new one at home, anyone interested?