[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Joining the club - MBD
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Joining the club - MBD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:18 am 

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989
I am using Evans waterless coolant and it works great. It negates the need for an expansion tank as it doesn't expand or give off steam. As these tanks are getting old and brittle it's prob a good idea to do it now rather than after a roadside breakdown due to coolant loss :D
Of course, the CBR600 radiator cap conversion should prob. be done first to take the tank out of the loop.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:25 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:57 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1990
Dunlop Q2's on mine with 180 at the rear. With the 180 you will have to be perfect on your alignment or the chain will rub the edge. Very sure footed even in the rain but don't get a lot of miles out of them which is fine with me :beer:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:51 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport
Thanks all,
I searched around the site to find the CBR600 filler mod, and I think I get the gist of it. The link to the pictures in the stickys section doesn't work, but I found another pic after some work. Any other pictures of the radiator cap mod would be appreciated. I bought one on e-bay with hoses for $20. Looks like a great fix for a questionable design.

I'm putting on a 170 Michelin Pilot on the back, and a friend is giving me a slightly used 120/70 for the front to get it on the road, and get an old wheel out of his garage.

Any other recommendations for radiator fluid beside Water Wetter or Evans? I need to do my ST2 also, so I guess I'll get a bit more while I'm ordering.

Cheers, Phil

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:59 pm 

year: 1989
Here is a pic of the CBR600 rad cap mod I did on my 906. I assume they are the same or at least similar.

Since that pic was taken I have removed the expansion tank as it's not req'd when running Evans.
Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:15 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Beauty, thanks,

I'll do the same next week.

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:35 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1994
Rather than the Honda CBR filler mod I've been considering fitting the radiator from an ST2/3/4. I've measured one up and reckon it will fit but due to the curved shape the fairing sides would need to be trimmed to clear it, but this would be behind the air conveyors and hidden from view. The ST radiator has both top and bottom hose connections on the left hand side but a bit of plumbing work with hoses should sort that out.

1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:33 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992

Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Got a brand new 170 tire on a black rim to go on. I'll change out the white one later.
Drained the coolant. It was a very nice crystal green, and everything inside looks nice and shiny. I'll flush it with vinegar and water tomorrow, and I'll be refilling with Engine Ice by recommendation from a KTM mechanic. On sale at Cycle Gear for $18 for 1/2gallon.
I'm also doing the Aprilia thermostat mod, ($40 on ebay, with hoses) and the CBR600 radiator cap mod ($20 on ebay) I'll take a few photos when I get it together.
Life has gotten in the way of getting on the road, and I'm skipping out of chores right now, and need to get back to them.

Cheers, Phi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:02 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Update:

I got a few days to work on the 907.
Putting on a set of Michelin Pilot Powers, one I had, one I got from a friend. 170 in back, 120/70 in front.
Pulled the front wheel off and decided to flush the forks. Good idea. ATF in the left leg, and fork oil in the right leg. I'll refill them in the morning. Several of the triple clamp bolts were loose, as were the fork caps, and the drain screws were finger tight. Forks slide up and down nicely after a bit of working them, and no pits in the chrome.
I'll put some grease in the steering stem bearings while I am this far, but they feel good so far.

All looks good, just needs a going over after 23 years. Replacing rusty bolts here and there, but not many parts.

Next is the Relay mod.

Cheers, Phil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:13 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Eastern Beaver has some very nice kits ready made as well as an updated fuse box which is a mod I am currently working on.
He aslo has ready made kits to upgrade the voltage regulator to the Shindengren Mosfet SH775 which is a true regulator not the usual shunt type

roadstercycles also has nice kits as well

of course you can always make your own :beer:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie