[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - New Purchase 907ie
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Purchase 907ie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:25 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
Good Day,
I have just purchased a very clean and tidy 907ie, which I am very chuffed with. Dare I say it, in some ways I prefer it to my 888.
My questions are a bit of an idiot seeking information.

To top up the oil and coolant, do I have to remove the whole right hand side fairing ( I know Ducatis can be impractical, but this seems a bit over the top, even for Ducati).

Much obliged and try not to snigger too much, if there is a simple way that I have missed.

Regards

Post subject: Re: New Purchase 907ie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:24 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1992
Welcome and why should life be easy ?

Which hopefully answers your question :lol:

Also please take a look at this thread appreciate it's short notice ......

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7091

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:59 am 

Bugger!
Thank you, much appreciated, not the answer I was hoping for, but not overly surprised.
It could lead to some very long oil top up times at service station. Please be patient while I dismantle my bike to top up the oil and then re-assemble, sorry I forgot to check the coolant :banghead:
I don't think I can make the wee jaunt to the mountains of deepest Lincolnshire, but will let you know.

Thanks again.

P.S I am based in Surrey if there are any like minded fools up for a Sunday bacon roll and tea (usually Newlands Corner, Arundel Bognor etc.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:11 am 

year: 1992
You can get to oil top up cap by just removing the rhs seat panel. A length of 22mm pipe and funnel and jobs a goodun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:35 am 

Thank you for the advice regarding using a piece of pipe and a funnel.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:55 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:32 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
chuffed. To be very pleased, proud or happy with yourself,
wasn't sure myself............Son got me one of those too smart for me phones,he thought I needed to be hip,
still tryin to figure out how to answer phone calls but if I say chuffed to it it tells me what it means....er ah most of the time, others it says call who ? Not feelin hip at all :drunk:

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:50 am 

Re Chuffed:
Very happy with the bike, it has now been christened El or Elly by my better half, probably something to do with Mexico or having an Elephant logo....anyway, I fear my other bikes may be getting a bit neglected.
English, hopefully see you at the Ace, will also have better half with.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:39 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
I found this for a 851/888 once. Not a bad idea but the problem on a Paso would be where to mount it to. :truck:

Attachments:
DSCF0090.JPG
DSCF0090.JPG [ 194.9 KiB | Viewed 9257 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:21 pm 

Thanks for that. Good idea. I'll speak to a mate of mine who has a lathe and is a very good technical bodger.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:03 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I can take the dimensions if you`re interested.

G.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:20 am 

Thanks G.
If you could that would be a great help. Could you take another photo of the O ring part of the adapter (where it fits into the casing)? I suppose there may even be a market for them, especially if they can be used on other Ducs of that era.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:44 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

here you go
https://app.box.com/s/kohcxdnssrfnyywofb8q4289mqehizfy
Let me know if there`s anything missing. I make my drawings in Powerpoint as I`m faster in using it as a drawing program :roll: As a consequence small details as chamfered edges aren`t shown. Therefore I added more pictures. My Powerpoint drawings are just for the dimensions.
I`d hollow the cap out to make it lighter.

G.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:44 am 

Thanks G.
These are a lot more detailed than I was expecting. I will give them to my mate to see what he can do.
Failing that, I have a friend who owns an engineering works and has CNC machines. Unfortunately he is in South Africa, but will send them to him as well.

Thanks again
K

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:13 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

K. you should verify if and where you can position it on the Paso and design a specific mounting bracket.
(I forgot to mention the height of that bracket in the file. It`s 12mm but totally unrelevant for a Paso)