[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Swiss Froggy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Swiss Froggy
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:10 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Hi Sergio does your house/ workshop have underfloor heating? The bike looks to be coming on well and should be ready for Summer riding!

1989 Benelli 900 Sei
1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
1981 Benelli 250 2c
1976 Benelli 250 Quattro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:13 pm 

Yes indeed, underfloor heating system in the house, coupled by a wood stove. So very comfortable all together to work on the bike in the living room.
How did you figure this out ? I hope before summer, in a few weeks after easter, spring should be around the corner, and then : gazzzzz ! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:58 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
you`re spraying WD40 and working on the bike right next to a white leather sofa?
Just don`t use brake cleaner in the house. :truck:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:47 pm 

I will survive, I am colorblind. :cool: and already bold. Backfire will not burn my hair....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:06 pm 

Well well well... Saturday. New belts, spark plugs, valves clearance checked and ok, no dust into the clutch anymore, bigger electrical section cables from batterie to ground, to starter, new lookheed, new coolant, fixed the frame of the front light, new fuel filter, new rear shock, new levers, lithium batterie, quick couplings for fuel lines, new oil and filter, waiting for the KN air filter so did spray with compressed air the paper one and used it again.

First punch onto the start button and the babe woke up. Smooth and round sound. The more i look at it, the more I like it. It is going to be the perfect mate.

Temperature a bit too cold for me now. Will wait for for sunday afternoon less painfull temperatures to go for a test and validation run.

Wish you all a same happy saturday.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:20 pm 

Well done!
Sounds like you had a productive day.

My battery is on charge and I'll take my 907ie out tomorrow for the first time this year.
I might go to Matlock Bath in Derbyshire if anyone fancies it?

907ie 1992
ST4s 2002
750SSie 2002
Cagiva Gran Canyon 1999
Norton Commando 750 1971

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:50 am 

Hi Sergio, hope the bike ride goes well today,am taking one of my Benelli SEI s out today as the weather looks bright! The 907 IE looks good from all angles and just makes you want to ride it! I wanted a Paso since I first saw it at Earls Court Motorcycle Show many years go!
Enjoy your ride!

1989 Benelli 900 Sei
1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
1981 Benelli 250 2c
1976 Benelli 250 Quattro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:13 pm 

Test Ride performed positively. I couldn't sleep all afternoon on the sofa, while temperature went up to 7 degrees, could I ? So did a ten km short road test to celebrate the end of the service made on the 907. Nothing not well bolted lost so far. The brakes lever is a bit soft compared to other Ducati I have, despite meticulous bleeding done. Well it stops the bike still when needed, I will get used to it.

Well sweet ride, never experienced such a smooth gear box on a Ducati. Can't see nothing but my knees into the rear mirrors.... Super comfy bike, but still need to be pushed to go into the curves, a real Ducati.

Next weekend, temp are supposed to double, we are going to visit a bit Switzerland then :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:21 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
you need to take the master cylinder off and raise it high lever to the sky to get the last of the air out

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:26 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:34 pm 

Thank you for your sharing. Thanks God the quick couplings are in metal. I was regretting to have paid them big bucks vs the plastic ones, but with what you write, i am happy now for the investment !
Regarding the brakes, i will follow as well the advice guys, thanks again.
Thanks as well for the info on mirror, that might be useful indeed !

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:50 pm 

The spring has arrived ! Went for a longer shake down of the 907ie in the surroundings. What a lovely ride. Very twisty roads here around. I am not used to that, will not complain for sure but need some practice... All ok, just figured out that I have no rear breaking light.... People must have thought either that it was no surprise for an italian bike or that i was a fool...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:55 pm 

That picture makes you want to go for a ride!

1989 Benelli 900 Sei
1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
1981 Benelli 250 2c
1976 Benelli 250 Quattro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:11 pm 

year: 1993
engine braking is pretty good so its always a surpirse behind me :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:26 am 

Sergio,

I couldn't tell by the pictures but if your 907 doesn't feel like it wants to roll over in the curves, I would suggest Michelin tires. I use to use other brands, Dunlops, Metzlers, and a friend that races rode my bike and said "how do you turn this thing?"
Changed to Michelins and, viola, it turns or rolls into the turns so much easier.
Just a thought.