[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - 900ss Mufflers on a 907 ?
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 900ss Mufflers on a 907 ?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:13 am 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
I have a set of BUB reverse megaphones that I'd like to put on my 907. Problem is they are for a 900SS. Is there an easy way (like using a 900ss crossover) to mount them?

Ducati_900SS-cobbed.jpg
Ducati_900SS-cobbed.jpg [ 29.72 KiB | Viewed 5553 times ]

Attachments:
20201115_004237_resized small.jpg
20201115_004237_resized small.jpg [ 39.35 KiB | Viewed 5552 times ]

Post subject: Re: 900ss Mufflers on a 907 ?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:13 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Apart from getting bent bits of stainless tube to fit ,how would they affect fueling ? I dunno much about injection, or 907 ,are they easy to adjust fueling on .
They are cool looking pipes . I guess it depends how much money you want to throw at it ,but Id be inclined to do away with the cross over and go for two single pipes with a link pipe between them. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:35 pm 

Already have a stage II Ferracci chip. Fueling wont be an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:17 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

mm just looking at your shed and I too have 850t ,a 1974

Attachments:
DSC02924.JPG
DSC02924.JPG [ 135.9 KiB | Viewed 5511 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:38 pm 

I love Guzzi's. Here is my T.

Attachments:
850T (13) shrunk 2.jpg
850T (13) shrunk 2.jpg [ 60.37 KiB | Viewed 5477 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:38 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

I got given my bike . We had to use loppers to cut all the ivy that had grown up thru the bike just to be able to move it .
I have since bought another stock disc and a pair of f08 calipers and the spacer with the intention of going double disc .
Probly should drag it outa the shed and give it a run but the battery has finally crapped out ( it be 15 years old , so not to bad ). It has all the dyna ignition bits and now wanting some PHF carbs , I have a spare pair of heads of a lemon ( ebay ) that I might port ...... sorta depends on what size carbs I find , and then some proper exhausts . The headers are stock but #ucked ( inner tubes collapsed ) crossover is home made as are the heat shields and the mufflers are Chinese copy nortons . It got it going at the time .There are a few other parts that don't belong too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:59 pm 

Does it still have the chrome bores? They tend to flake off. Heads off of a lemon? LeMans heads are only useful with the matching pistons. In reality, there's not much difference between a lemans head and the T heads.

I can give you my recipe for a sweet running 850 motor that will rev and make power to 7500 rpm and will have no issue going past 100mph on a budget.

I also have a couple of Guzzi's with wilder (and more expensive) tuning.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:00 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

It has steel liners , and that was the issue . Some guy took it to the local rural garage for a rebuild and they #ucked it up , fitted liners and bored them to tight and it seized almost straight away , the guy packed a shitty and chucked in the shed ..... for 20 years . there was ,apparently a bit of agro with his brother who wanted it but the guy sold it to my bro in law for next to nothing rather than let his brother have it . So my bro in law chucked it in another shed .... yeah, the one with the ivy , and did nothing to it . I give him shit about letting a classic go the waste and he eventually got sick of me and one day gave it to my Mrs .... ergo it is now mine :lol: . So I stripped it down and found LOTS of new bits . Cleaned all the crap out of the crankshaft , honed a bit more clearance into the bores , fitted a dyna cdi and coils , bigger alt , made my own wiring harness and fuse/ relay set up , fitted Yamamha XZ 550 switches ( looked about the right age ) GN 250 blinkers and a Yamaha AG 175 farmbike rear light and rack, new fork inserts and rear shocks , shimmed the gearbox and new bearings and painted it with spray cans .......oh yeah , new seals in the diff..... which still weeps . I scored a set of lemon pistons but they are a bit big so I havnt bothered .
Sure would be keen the hear how to get it going a bit better . I suspect my VHB,s are a bit knackered ( I did put some new bits in them ) hence the eye out for PHF,s .
Hamish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:13 am 

My goal was to build a period sportbike that would have equaled or surpassed a V7sport or a LeMans. These mods happened over a decade.

#1 36 Del'ortos with the lip of the intake port smoothed out to get rid of the step. Meh, not much really. Bigger carbs are a waste by themselves.

#2 Norris S/ Megacycle X9 camshaft. That made a noticeable difference. more midrange and revs higher. better.

The heads were a bit tired and I had to pull them to install gilardoni cylinders and pistons. While off it was time to tweak them.

#3 full head porting /shaping with stainless valves. the squish was set to .040 with thinner copper head and base gaskets. That really woke thinks up.

#4 Added Lemans flywheel with mild lightening. I have a couple of other guzzi's with crazy light flywheels. I wanted some flywheel effect for this one.

#5 Mistral headpipe and crossover. ( didn't do much. I already had open conti replica mufflers on the old exhaust.)

What made a lemans hustle was the high compression pistons. The rest of the engine is pretty standard. The cylinder heads are not all that different. I have one head and did a comparison. exhaust valves are 1 mm larger. intakes are 3mm. The intake ports on both heads are about the same size! I have a LeMans engine with new pistons and cylinders that I thought about installing and decided it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:29 am 

here is another Guzzi of mine. The local dealer retired in 1997 and in 2015 he sold me / had me clear out his guzzi stuff and junk including his racebike which needed put back together.