[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - 750 Paso For Sale in the UK
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 750 Paso For Sale in the UK
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:15 pm 
1990 Red Ducati Paso 750

Sadly I need to sell my Paso. The good news is that it's to fund my efforts in the DesmoDue race series!

Nice example in standard red/black paint and decals in good condition for it’s age and has been regularly used recently so is fully de-bugged.

o 19,450 miles
o New MOT as of 14th March.
o Mikuni carb conversion using 900ss carbs and 750 Monster manifolds.*
o Competition exhausts (sounds fantastic!).**
o Ignition and charging system rewired so it starts and charges as it ought to.***
o Japanese voltage regulator and HT coils.
o Heated handlebar grips.
o Everything works.****
o Very reliable and was used as a daily commuter in London a couple of summers ago and regularly used on a London to Nottingham round trip.
o Paintwork is good for it's age but there are a couble of touched up scratches on the mirror pods.
o Plenty of life left in the front tyre and the rear is about half worn.

New / recent parts
o Oil & filters @ 15,846 17,902 & 19,325 miles
o Cam belts @ 15,846 miles
o Front Brake Pads @ 17,902 miles
o Steering head bearings @ 17,782 miles
o Fork seals @ 17,782 miles
o Clutch pack @ 17,782 miles
o Chain & sprockets @ 18,543 miles
o Starter brushes and bearing @ 19,325 miles

I don’t know much about the engine internals as I’ve only had the clutch apart, the cam belt covers off, and the starter motor end cover off. I did check the valve gear clearances at approx 17,000 miles and all was in order then.

It’s possible there has been some engine work done because the inlet ports look like they have been hand finished, although this could be standard, and I did need to machine out the 750 Monster manifolds quite a bit in order to get the ports to match. Again, it’s possible the Monster’s ports are smaller anyway.

The engine’s appearance is not particularly sparkly and the cam covers on the front cylinder could do with repainting or striping and polishing. The exhaust manifold nuts are corroded which indicates to me that the engine has not been apart, or out, recently, or possibly ever.

It starts, idles and pulls well, however, I think the carbs will need setting up to fully match the competition pipes because at full throttle it goes a bit flat but will pull strongly again if you back the throttle off a little. It still lifts the front wheel if you snap the throttle open in the lower gears though. :o)

The lacquered sections of the front wheel rim is a bit scabby and could do with stripping, polishing and re-lacquering.
There is a minor dent in the right hand exhaust (see photo).
The right rear indicator lens is cracked (see photo).
Auxiliary rear indicators fitted as the standard ones aren't particularly visible in traffic, but these can easily be removed.
Currently running slightly lower gearing due to first gear being a tad tall in commuter traffic, but the standard rear sprocket is included.

Comes with a workshop manual, the original exhausts, the standard carb and airbox and a spare clutch pack.

* Now starts easily, idles sweetly and pulls cleanly. Retains the standard air filter with the standard air box which has been hand-crafted in carbon fibre onto the intake trumpet section from a 750 Monster air box. Standard air box volume is retained. Remote idle speed adjustor from a TDM850 also fitted.

** I’m not completely sure of the details of the exhausts but I bought them from a chap who had them fitted to a Paso sprinter and he told me they were US market-only competition exhausts. There is a large paragraph of legal blurb engraved into them stating that they are not for highway use (in the US) and the outlet hole is certainly larger than on standard pipes, or on the similar-looking pipes fitted to the 906 Paso. The engine appears to rev more freely than with the standard pipes too and they give a fantastic, non offensive, mellow bellow to the engine note, especially on the overrun.

*** Lots of other sensible electrical mods including the start button and fuel pump being disabled if the kill switch in the ‘off’ position.

**** Except for the clock, which I have disconnected to conserve battery power, and the charge lamp, because the Japanese regulator doesn’t have a connection for it.

For pictures see the ebay ad:

or the Ducatisti ad:

Lovely piece of post-classic Italliana for the price of a 125!

Give me a call on 07747 011669 for further details.

Steve.

Post subject: Re: 750 Paso For Sale in the UK
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:39 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
What a bargain! Good luck with the sale Steve, and look forward to seeing you at DD rounds. I'm #21, Class B and just bought a Paso yesterday...