[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - 1992 907IE for Sale in Northeastern MD
It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1992 907IE for Sale in Northeastern MD
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 pm 
I have finally come to the point that I am prepared to part with my 907. I can provide more information on it, but some basics here:

1992 model, purchased in Feb 1992, Red
I am the original owner, but not the ONLY owner. I sold the bike to my brother back around 1997 when I had my first kid, and then bought it back from him about 5 years ago with very little use on his part (maybe a few k miles, but mostly was parked in his basement)
35600 miles
Very good overall condition, never crashed, but dropped at zero mph 2-3 times, so some minor boo boos in the paint
The seat also needs to be re-covered.

Runs well, rides well, nothing major needed, but could use some "TLC" from an enthusiast to get her back to her original glory and take good care of her. I simply don't ride anymore, and I can't stand to see her sit there not being used and appreciated. I need the garage space and the cash to fund my son's entry into kart racing.

I don't have any pictures at the moment, but can probably get some over the weekend.

I can be emailed at andersen (at) udel dott edu

Thanks,
Steve

Post subject: Re: 1992 907IE for Sale in Northeastern MD
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:05 pm 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
Waiting to see Pics, where in NE MD?

89 KLR650
87 750 Paso LTD
64 125 Bronco

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:24 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Me too,Pics please

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:36 am 
I'll see if I can grab some pics tomorrow if life cooperates with me!

Other than showing the seat cover issues, it will probably look like every other 907ie pic though, but I will try to cover the foibles of it.

I am in Elkton MD almost exactly halfway between Philadelphia, PA and Baltimore MD, and am about 10 minutes or so from I-95.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:04 pm 
OK, lots of pics available. Basically the best way to say it is that the motorcycle is probably a 15 footer! From 15-20 feet away it is gorgeous. When you get closer you can start to see the "mank" that shows the bike's age. Things like a few spider cracks in gelcoat from fatigue, a scratch here or there, and the scrape marks on the side ducts and mirrors from 2 drops on one side and one on the other. This is a big, heavy bike, and I am short, about 5'6" with a 30" inseam if I stretch. And I am taller than my brother (the other owner). So, it fell over a few times at zero mph.

If you are looking for a showroom condition low mileage "queen", then this is not your bike. If you want a bike that was, at least during its day, well used and ridden as GOD intended, but also mechanically maintained very well, but now needs to cosmetics and minor mechanical TLC to be excellent, then this is a wonderful candidate.

The bike does have the characteristic 907 low-load stumble, which clears up completely when load is added. I have not yet tried the cigarette filter trick to fix it, as I have lived with it for 35k miles... The return spring for the centerstand handle thingy is broken, so it does not self-retract and it comes out under hard acceleration.

Anyway, links to pictures below. I can also email slightly lower res versions upon request.

The bike has frentubo brake lines, air horns, modified air box (chopped top), gel battery (new in May), self ventilated clutch cover (looks professional!) and a Ferracci chip. The toolkit is there and complete (the bag is starting to fall apart). I also have the original fender extension, and I think I have the original brake lamp and possibly the turn signals, but will have to dig a bit for those. I have the factory 906 paso manual with the 907 supplement, a clutch holding tool and a set of staintune mufflers that sound wonderful, but are quite scraped up (previous owner OF THE STAINTUNES, NOT THIS BIKE crashed, got new ones, and gave me the old ones, and I ran them on the bike for most of its life since they sounded wonderful, even with low pose value). Not sure if I have the original owners manual and the stock chip available or not. I am sure it is around, but whether I can dig it out, I am not sure. If you want a stock chip, find someone to send me one and I can probably copy it for you.

Make offer, as it seems asking prices for these things are all over the map...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:21 am 
My dear brother contacted me to clarify 2 things:

1) He says he never dropped it. So I guess I dropped it on both sides, but don't remember the right side personally...

2) Just made a correction clarifying the staintunes since I think the original text made it sound like this bike had been crashed, which it has not!

Thanks,
Steve