It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: For Sale! Opinions?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:20 am 

model: 750 Paso
year: 1987
http://s781.photobucket.com/albums/yy95 ... ti%20Paso/

The right side mirror/turn signal that is missing in the pictures does exist. It also has the amber lens. It is not currently attached to the bike. It is ready to to be painted. The whole bike needs painted. Also the bolts that are missing for the body exist. All of them! Yes all the nicks and scrapes that were painted over with the wrong color still exist. No I did not do that. It came that way.

The rear tire is the 16" tire. I have seen posts that there are now some available. Is this true?

I bought the bike not running. I replaced the fuel pump and it ran. But not well. Luckily the electonics were already upgraded before I bought it. I replaced the webber carbs with Mikuni carbs from a 750SS. Since then the bike will start below 60 degrees F. I added a light weight battery. I also replaced the air intakes and the air intake box. I added a free flow air filter. I also added free flow filters to the engine case. I have replaced all the fuel lines and the air intake lines.

The engine has brand new timing belts and the lifters have been adjusted.

For the body? I replaced the front cowl. I found multiple mirror/turn signal assemblies and pieced them all together.

If you buy this restoration project you will recieve extra lenses, an extra beat up front cowl, amber lenses for the front turn signals, the webber carbs, the origional airbox, and all the original goodies that go along with that for spare parts.

The bike is in Prospect, OH

Do you or someone you know want it as is? for $1700 FIRM!?

If not? then I am keeping it. I will hope that eventually the scortching 100 degree heat will subside. I will finish the body work and then have it painted.

I also have a full set of decals that would come with the bike.