[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - 907ie Choke lever WANTED
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 907ie Choke lever WANTED
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 10:21 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992
Handle bar Mechanism required or info on a like for like unit used on other Ducati bikes.

Appreciate it is attached to the Clutch fluid pot.

England UK Europe based

Many thanks :thumbup:

Stiv

Post subject: Re: 907ie Choke lever WANTED
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:12 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1990
Im sure there are a couple of wee screws holding the lever assy to the clutch cylinder,(you have to get the lever bit out to get at the screws) and I also think ( its been a good day )that its the same lever/cable assy on most belt drive ,webered or mikunied dukes....ie same lever/cable assy on both my paso and my 97 SS .

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:22 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

year: 1994
Yes it's held to the clutch cylinder with 2 screws and you have to remove then to get it off to swap the cable. It is also used on the '92-'97 SS models and is still available from Stein Dinse.

Have you tried asking UK dealer for one for an SS?

1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:10 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Cheers guys yes I know its attached to the reservoir body by the screws and I hopefully will be able to speak to my local Ducati Dealer from Monday this week, I'll also email SD as suggested. Good to see it may be on another model as was unable to see anything on those later types when checked myself. Sadly mine has split and the glue variants used to repair are just not up to the job and fail very quickly. :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:48 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

If you find different part numbers it might be relevant to the length of cable , and , have you tried polyester fibreglass resin ( without the fibreglass )? often works where epoxies wont stick.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:18 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Yeh I tried some Fibre glass resin and it still cracked open. Its actually split just above the knuckle part that you put your thumb on to open the choke, Even though its not much pressure the movement is enough for it to drag the thing apart.

I tried Stein Dinse and they have it in stock but I'm a bit too tight for cash to splash as they trebled the price with postage, tax and as it's value is so low so I'm trying my local dealer when they are open next.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:16 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Trouble is that if you dont grab it now ,when you do have to buy one it will be heaps more. Shoulda bought 2 . :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:22 am 

year: 1993
I ended up buying one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-ST4-9 ... SwZQRYghvg

ST4 choke lever assembly. I'd imagine the ST2 would be the same also.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:31 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 900 SS
year: 1989
Pretty sure I can find one I took off mine as I went to keihin, if you still need one I may be able to help

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:23 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 900 SS
year: 1989
Not sure if same but one for sale on ebay in oz from a seller called nomisetat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:01 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Looks like the one, may not be.Plenty around if it is

88 750
90 906
92 907ie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

Thank you for all your help Folks I have purchased a replacement new Hot glue gun and it seems to of done the job …. well at least for the time being not sure if its the same part but found this in my searches recently looks very similar and from a 92 model ???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAGIVA-PRIMA ... 2610117626