[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
ducatipaso.org • View topic - Junkie
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:03 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 906 Paso
year: 1989
I think that all teenagers should be taken into a smoke filled pub for an hour. The residue that remains intheir clothes & hair & the taste in the air should ensure that no one ever smokes! :rant: But that is comming from somebody that grew up with heavy smoking parents & has never had one himself as a result. Ducati is definately a better addiction :thumbup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:15 am 
Red - ya can'nt even smoke in a pub here now mate - the 'jandle-wearing, tree-hugging, limp-wristed, anti-fun police' put a stop to it...... :sad: :sad: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
At least there is no 100kph speed-limiter fitted to the bike!!! :roll: :D :evil: :evil: :neener: :neener:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:29 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

those rules are on the way in here too. As a non smoker I don't mind, might even start going to the RSL for a pint & watch the Bike racing on the big screen :thumbup:

The Fun Police are trying all sorts of things here to stop us. They had tried to fine us bikers for not having a sticker telling how loud our pipes were but they booked the President of the Motorcycle Riders Association in NSW & he took the Government to court & won :thumbup: :neener: :thumbup:. Basically it was a sticker Tax $200 instant fine) & did nothing to regulate noise. About 10 years ago they introduced Compulsary lichts on for all New bikes in OZ but it only lasted a couple of years 7 was also repealled. When the 916 was first introduced the OZ Authorities said that the headlight was illegal & they hadto be fitted with a single square unit @ owners expense (about $1600 then) this lasted about a year & was reversed because it was just dumb. Still they keep trying :mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:15 am 
Seen photos at the time, of those Ducatis fitted with the single head-light - they looked like they had been given a big bashing with the 'ugly stick'..... :thumbdown:
On a related note Red - what happened to the Aussie 'Performance Streetbike' mag, cos that rocked, but I have'nt seen it here for ages..... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:30 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

I think Streetbike merged with another mag which basically means that they get rid of it & place the banner in small print on another mag cover to get us to buy that instead & then drop it altogether. I have a feeling it merged with two Wheels but i could be wrong here. I have many old copies of Streetbike in my shed that i like to pull out & peruse when I sit & look @ the Paso with a port or two late at night. I also keep good supply in the bookshelf near the loo, :screwy: It was a great mag. I loved the On Any Sunday pictorials, they were full of the essence of riding :thumbup: I will check the newsagent next time I am in there ( not too often these days) but I am sure it has gone :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:15 am 
Gee Red - apart from ya dodgey musical tastes - there's a few similarites between us - mate, that 'On any Sunday' section, was just the ducks nutz :thumbup: :thumbup: - Bikes - Babes - Beer - was all goooood really!!! Shame they did'nt put out a whole edition just of that... :lick:
I too have a good collection of that mag - theres even an issue somewhere with 'The worlds Fastest Paso' in it.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:13 am 
paso grand pooh-bah

Hmmmm worlds fasted paso would that belong to our Northern Brother "Steele". He drag races & has installed a nitro kit if I remember correctly, I don't think I have that issue but I will just have to sit down in the shed & look through all the old Streetbikes to see, maybe you could upload it for all to peruse. :thumbup:

Maybe we should start our own On any Sunday section here as a new topic or something, once I get around to sorting a gallery & figuring the upload process I have some good shots to add but until then you will have to lead the charge :thumbup:

You are right about the similarities, :eek: I alway felt I had a long lost twin :cool: but I don't think you can call my musical taste dodgey when you admitted to the Shania Twain thing :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:48 am 
Lols - ya might even be right there - maybe.........
That starting our own 'On any Sunday' thing - good idea - would be a good place to put that photo of your Mrs that we talked about before.......... :thumbup: especially given that it's a bit warmer there than here now......... :sad:
That section of the mag - did'nt matter what 'the boys' were doing in the photos, or whatever - just really hit the spot & was something that ya just knew was gooooood, & could relate to.
Blow the dust off my copies sometimes, & just go to 'those places'........ :thumbup: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:00 am 
Hey-hey-hey - wheres that crazy Ozzie - maaaaate - ya ain't gonna believe it, but - I found 'The mag' - the one with the tricked Paso 750 in it. Is in PSB No.9 - Apr-May 91.......

Now, being just a poor-quiet-shy-duuuuuumb country-boy - I ain't got a scanner, but heres some info on the girl.....(direct quote on specs....)

Had a diet - lost 60kg of weight.
Built by Herb Watson Ducati - Perth, as a race bike, then converted back to street spec.
Capacity - 900cc.
Compression ratio - 11.8 - 1
Pistons - Borgo.
Conrods - Carrillo
Crankshaft - Epicycle - (stroke gone from 61.5mm, to 74mm) Original barrells & heads, with spacers fitted.
Camshafts - Not saying.
Carbs - 2 X 40mm Dellortos
Valves - Big, re-angled
Clutch - Dry
Gearbox - stock.

On street Conti pipes - will rev to 8000rpm in top gear - with the race exhaust , it was pulling 10,000rpm in top with the same gearing. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Brakes were kept standard, & were fine while racing. :thumbup:

Looks like a cooool bike!!! Don't know how far back your issues go Red, but the mag also had their own Paso 750 as a project bike for over 12months too - was Seddo's toy!!!
You Aussies - loose-loose units mate - all good!! :roll: :roll: :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Maybe I should see if Skins has got a scanner - photocopy all my roadtests etc - send to ya to scan into here - how bout it Skins??? :umm:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:17 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:00 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:24 pm 
paso grand pooh-bah

model: 750 Paso
year: 1988